Blue Lagoon???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Culcuhain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good place to go? I need one more dive site for the Dive Around Texas. The wife is not interested in doing trashfest so I might not be able to do that...

Is Blue Lagoon worth the drive? (done Athens and CSSP and Lake Travis.)

Thanks!!

worth it is a relative term. Spent a weekend out there a few yrs back (for a tech class). I found the 'roads' within the 'park' to be VERY rugged/eroded such that I wouldn't go back in there without a HUMMER type vehicle, it was some spooky driving! Otherwise it's a shallow, muddy, lifeless quarry.......CSSP is light years better place to local dive !

I have to politely disagree with the roads being only passable by a hummer. They are rough as it is a stone quary, but not that rough. It is a decent dive. There isn't plant life and fish life like in a lot of other places due to the type of water and the limestone that has leached into it making it pretty basic. I have seeb worse days at CSSP and I have seen better. If you are wanting to dive it to complete your dive around Texas, then it is definitely worth the drive. I dive it relatively frequently with students and it is a 3 hour drive for me. Just my 2 bubbles worth.

I've got a lowered Audi A4 that has 4" of ground clearance.. I scrape in places and ping a few rocks but I'm fine. I love the road to Blue lagoon as its easy to 4wheel drift once you hit the gravel :eyebrow:

Heading to blue lagoon this weekend, first time there, any advice, tips or things to do?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom