Blue Hole, May 9-10 Rocky Mountain Oysters Scubaboard dive, all are welcome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tjack, I saw your message on another thread. When on Friday would you be doing your afternoon dive? I am interested but I wouldn't be able to head down from Denver until Friday morning. Being new to this, i am interested in the logistics of it. Any information about the area and dives would be appreciated.

Hi Coj, we are planning on meeting at the Blue Hole around 2pm Fri for the first dive.

The fill station may or may not be open on Friday so we are planning on bringing enough tanks for the day, if you need to rent any gear your best bet will be in Boulder/Denver. Water temp at Blue Hole will be 63 degrees, Perch Lake could be a little colder.

If you do a search on the Blue Hole, Santa Rosa NM here you will find lots of opinions and some good info:wink:

Now I need a drysuit and a bigger wing - oh I have some splaining to do.....

If anyone needs fills you can just give Stella a ring and she will come down. If you call her in advance, she will plan to be there. PM me if you need her number.

I can't make it either this time. I'm in FL cave country finishing up two weeks of cave diving :)

Too bad you can't make it, hope to dive Rock Lake with you some time Boulderjohn. Drysuit is recommended but not necessary for the Blue Hole which runs 63 degrees year round, plenty of folks dive it in 7mm wetsuits. Hope you can make it Diverjen.

So far the plan is to dive Blue Hole Friday afternoon including a night dive, then dive Perch Lake Saturday morning and possibly do a BBQ at the Hole Sat. around noon.

The more the merrier, Tom

Are you guys just planning on the 3 dives and heading back up Saturday afternoon/evening?

Anyone want to share the ride? I'm leaving Friday AM. Need to be back Saturday PM. Coming from Denver.

Great diving with Reallydg (Rob) from Denver. Blue Hole was empty on Friday and packed on Sat. Had fun feeding the Crayfish at the Hole.

Perch Lake had 15' visibility and 58 degrees water temps. Nice school of Rainbow Trout and newly stocked Catfish as well.

Back
Top Bottom