Blue Hole, Jan. 20/21..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pipefish:
Good luck DD, even though I know you don't need it. I have no doubt that the "bearded one" has more than prepared you!

PF

I forgot you are doing this through A1! Good Luck Doggie, and to everyone else in the class as well.

RonFrank:
I'm still high from the Coz diving. However I think I may try and see if any of the boyz from Denver want to head down in Feb.

Is the third week the plan? Dan/Kent you all interested? Now that Dan has a car that does not get 2 miles to the gallon, this should REALLY help with Trip cost as our trucks EAT gas. :D

I planning on the third weekend in Feb. When it gets a little closer, start a thread and see who all we can get to go.

Dan

ddavies:
I planning on the third weekend in Feb. When it gets a little closer, start a thread and see who all we can get to go.

Dan

Kevin, does the third week in Feb work for you? I kinda want to drop this housing off for your trip that will be before mine. I think we will plan on something the second~third week in June. We may need to pony up for shipping costs. I have the housing in a Pelican case which you can use. It holds the housing, the dome port, but not the tray. I works well putting it in a checkin. For example, this fit in the top of my roll on duffel, and I put the handle/tray in my carry on. I did that because of weight, but you could put the handle in the check in as long as you had the weight.

RonFrank:
Kevin, does the third week in Feb work for you? I kinda want to drop this housing off for your trip that will be before mine. I think we will plan on something the second~third week in June. We may need to pony up for shipping costs. I have the housing in a Pelican case which you can use. It holds the housing, the dome port, but not the tray. I works well putting it in a checkin. For example, this fit in the top of my roll on duffel, and I put the handle/tray in my carry on. I did that because of weight, but you could put the handle in the check in as long as you had the weight.

Yes! I missed this last weekend due to a "honey do" commitment. Let's plan on the the third Sunday of Feb for sure!!

The Pelican case sounds like it works pretty well. Did you put your strobe in something else?

ABQdiver:
Yes! I missed this last weekend due to a "honey do" commitment. Let's plan on the the third Sunday of Feb for sure!!

The Pelican case sounds like it works pretty well. Did you put your strobe in something else?

I just wrapped the strobe in a towel, and checked it. It would be better to have all this in Two of these 1520 cases as with one more it would fit. However the case is over 10lbs, and I don't have two! I figure the case can protect the housing, and dome, and the strobe is rather bullet proof, so just some protection in the packing, or carry it on. Bubble wrap works good if you want something a bit more secure.

It would be nice to dedicate a pelican rollercase to the whole setup, but I'd likely go over the weight limit with it, and all your eggs are kinda in one basket if you put the camera equipment inside. I carry on my camera gear, and check the UW gear.

I have not spoke directly to Dan, but from the posts he's done, it sounds like the third weekend in Feb is good unless the weather is bad. I don't care if it's cold, but we need the pass to be clear and don't want to turn an already long drive into a nightmare due to snow.

RonFrank:
I have not spoke directly to Dan, but from the posts he's done, it sounds like the third weekend in Feb is good unless the weather is bad. I don't care if it's cold, but we need the pass to be clear and don't want to turn an already long drive into a nightmare due to snow.

Sounds good, just keep us updated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom