Blue Hole Charging for Parking now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, that seals it for me. I won't be making any more treks out to dive the BH. The city apparently only wants to take advantage of us. I bet their local citizens aren't being charged. I know they aren't being charged to swim there, just us scuba divers.

Thanks for the update.

To be fair, they are charging everyone if you wish to park your car. So it's uniform, and only on weekends. Divers will have to pay to park and dive, but you can buy yearly for both and it's still a good deal for a good dive spot.

Thanks for the update!

Is there an option to drive in, get fills, and drive out?

To be fair, they are charging everyone if you wish to park your car. So it's uniform, and only on weekends. Divers will have to pay to park and dive, but you can buy yearly for both and it's still a good deal for a good dive spot.

It may actually be a good thing. Not to sound like a spend thrift but even a quick day trip to the blue holes sets me back $125 or so, $5 more does not matter. Fewer people = better.

It may actually be a good thing. Not to sound like a spend thrift but even a quick day trip to the blue holes sets me back $125 or so, $5 more does not matter. Fewer people = better.

Let me know if all the swimmers are gone next time you go.

$5 a day parking for such a great park sounds reasonable to me, I don't begrudge Santa Rosa for making a few bucks. Considering what most divers spend on gear and dive trips $20 a year for parking ain't gonna break the bank.

Swimmers? We are all swimmers?

Just an update But was there Oct 11th and no one said anything about charging for parking still had to pay for the dive permit from Stella.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom