Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just necro'd this post about paying for parking to see if that is still the case. I drove down this weekend and by the time I got there, there wasn't anywhere to park so we didn't get a chance to dive. Does anyone about this? Or paying to park in general? I heard some rumors some of the shops were thinking of running shuttles..

That parking is for vehicles pulling boat trailers and using the ramps. I understand yearly and daily permits are available. I guess one could use that if one has a handy boat trailer and pays the fee.......Now and then I see a boat on a trailer parked there as well.

afaik, no one has yet done a shuttle. On weekends, there is some parking at the bank just east of the bridge--drop off people and gear and go park. This summer, parking can be difficult to find during the week in the front row. So, people are arriving earlier and earlier to get a good spot.

Just arriving at the bridge tomorrow (the 21st). I hope to meet up with some SB folks for Wed, thur and Fri dives. I drove down from NC and am looking forward to getting some shots with a new camera rig. Brought my old one just in case I don't get along with the new one.

Anyone diving Wed?
Allison, a couple of us are diving on Wednesday. You are welcome to join us.

KRawlings,

Decorator crab. I think if you look in the Reef Creature ID book by Humann DeLoach it is also called a Neck Crab. commonly known at BHB as a decorator crab. Sometimes they have a lot of really colorful bits of sponge on them. I've watched them cut and place pieces of sponge on themselves. You would think it is haphazard, but seems very precise when they are "decorating"!

THANK YOU jimw

We went today, lousy viz and a water temp of 68 degrees---ConchyJoe read NO further!!

Viz 25 or so and 86 degrees on my Suunto! We saw an eagle ray, 3 seahorses, 2 big batfish, a jawfish, a gaggle of squid, AND a youngster on his first ocean dive who was NOT kicking up sand unlike so many adults.

Just arriving at the bridge tomorrow (the 21st). I hope to meet up with some SB folks for Wed, thur and Fri dives. I drove down from NC and am looking forward to getting some shots with a new camera rig. Brought my old one just in case I don't get along with the new one.

Anyone diving Wed?
Allison, if you'd like a dive buddy for Friday and don't mind diving with a stranger, let me know.

If anyone else is interested in doing a weekday dive, feel free to send a PM. I'm staying in Miami Beach so mid-day start times are best.

We had a good Monday afternoon today. Good viz (25'), decent temps (85) and two hours of 'deco' time after work...

P7270818.jpgP7270843.jpgP7270869.jpgP7270897.jpgP7270877.jpg

P7270904.jpgP7270861.jpgP7270842.jpgP7270827.jpg

Attachments

• P7270835.jpg
    P7270835.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 156
Nice shots Cool! Post work deco always clears the head!

I’m planning on driving up from Miami to make a dive this afternoon. High tide is at 6:54 PM, and Sunset is at 8:10. I figure to splash around 5:00, and be gone just before the park closes. Would be glad to give lay-of-the land pointers to those who’d care to listen, or just say “hi” to most anyone. Diving in all black, wearing small Jet Fins and hauling around a big black camera housing with a pair of Inon strobes on bendy arms if you see me UW. Show me a squid or seahorse, and I’ll owe you a substantial favor. Topside, I’ve got one of only a hand-full of white Subaru Foresters that have Florida plates. It’s fun to find a scrawled message on your windshield when you come back from a dive, so please leave me one if we don’t get to speak. It’s even nicer if that missive is written on a bank note. Safe diving all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom