Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I are flying in from Memphis tonight to dive BHB Saturday and Sunday. Looks like we picked a "great" weekend. Right now we are leaning toward trying it since we have paid for the airfare and don't have the luxury of waiting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Should we try east or west side, or probably doesn't matter?

We are also boat diving Saturday afternoon. Jim Abernathy's said the vis at the Breakers yesterday was 20 feet.

You are probably better off diving Lauderdale by the Sea. Another thread in this forum mentioned the water at BHB being contaminated from sewage run off and what not from the storm. I'll be doing LBTS with gold coast scuba on Sunday 1030 AM if you want to join in. They have a meetup website.

http://www.meetup.com/goldcoastscuba/

My husband and I are flying in from Memphis tonight to dive BHB Saturday and Sunday. Looks like we picked a "great" weekend. Right now we are leaning toward trying it since we have paid for the airfare and don't have the luxury of waiting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Should we try east or west side, or probably doesn't matter?

We are also boat diving Saturday afternoon. Jim Abernathy's said the vis at the Breakers yesterday was 20 feet.

Last edited:
Would like to hear some actual vis reports from anyone going today or tomorrow....
Trying to decide to roll the dice for Sunday or Monday

:confused::confused::confused:

Me too!
I've altered my plans to dive BHB on Monday instead of Saturday in order to allow the area to flush itself out.

We met a friend who lives west of BHB in an area flooded a few days ago and the water has not yet begun to drain off along with all the animal sewage, flooded out septic systems, etc. She sez no diving for a while at BHB--possibly several weeks. So we are planning not to go Monday or Tuesday as a result. We met at Force E's tent sale and had some fun buying scuba toys--we're stocked up at least for a few weeks--WELL, maybe I should go back and get that bc???? We did go by the bridge about 2 hours before the evening hi tide and the water was brown with lousy viz from the pier that starts the west dive--I could see the bottom in about 3-4 ft of water and not at the end of the pier in about 7-8 ft of water.

We met a friend who lives west of BHB in an area flooded a few days ago and the water has not yet begun to drain off along with all the animal sewage, flooded out septic systems, etc. She sez no diving for a while at BHB--possibly several weeks. So we are planning not to go Monday or Tuesday as a result. We met at Force E's tent sale and had some fun buying scuba toys--we're stocked up at least for a few weeks--WELL, maybe I should go back and get that bc???? We did go by the bridge about 2 hours before the evening hi tide and the water was brown with lousy viz from the pier that starts the west dive--I could see the bottom in about 3-4 ft of water and not at the end of the pier in about 7-8 ft of water.
It won't be weeks....Vis is beginning to come back at around 120 feet now...like 70 to 80 foot level vis...with big current. This should be flushing.
If the coastal water gets clear saturday, or Sunday, then BHB will be a good dive on the incoming tide...but you will want to get out as soon as it turns...not hang out like the macro crews an hour after the turn--as this will be dirty and probably with high levels of pathogens and contaminants....but on incoming tide, it is clean ocean water blasting through the bridge, and there will not be any pathogens to worry about....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom