Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great 3 hour dive with Jenny Monday and conditions were excellent as mentioned.
Saw multiple striated froggies of various hues, seahorses, pipefish and some unusal fish behavior.
Must have spent 20 minutes watching a small patch of reef with dueling Cottonwicks.
Video controls were acting up so it was a bit challenging at times.
Highlight for me was finding an unusal long green shrimp that Debbie and Lureen were hunting Sat.
Marauding juvenile yellow jacks straffed through before Jenny could get a shot.
Maybe Deb can provide the shrimp's correct name, which she had told me Sat. but I can't remember.
I think I will need double 130's to best Jenny's air consumption (or lack there of)...
Thanks Jenny, another great dive at BHB.
John
You summed it up pretty good! Thanks for being my buddy and pointing out some cool stuff.. Let's do it again.. Looking forward to meeting Kelly. You say so many good things about her, she must be awesome!

You summed it up pretty good! Thanks for being my buddy and pointing out some cool stuff.. Let's do it again.. Looking forward to meeting Kelly. You say so many good things about her, she must be awesome!

She is and more importantly she has comparable air consumption.
I think that shrimp is a type of Tozeuma Shrimp???
I'm always amazed at the the critters found there seasonally.
John

---------- Post Merged at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Here is a picture from google images, they are far cooler in the water....

Attachments

• Green_shrimp[1].jpg
    Green_shrimp[1].jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 292
Good afternoon Trolls.
It is good to be coming back down to Florida again this coming October.
We are planning another dive party at BHB. Also we are planning a big get together in Key Largo. We are staying in Key Largo from October 18th thru October 25th. We have a lot planned while we are there. Of course our wonderful dive party with all the trolls on October 20th, 2012. I am so much looking forward to seeing everyone and being able to dive. This time NO trouble for me. lol. There is several people staying in Key Largo for all the fun there. So I hope we can see everyone there as well. :)
This is the link to the information for the dive party at BHB and for Key Largo. Please look at both pages there is information on both. Also is a tentative itinary on page two of what we are planning on while in Key Largo.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...488-bhb-dive-party-planned-oct-20-2012-a.html
I so hope I am able to see you all while I am there. :) I had such a fantastic wonderful time while I was there last year. Everyone is so nice and I so much enjoyed meeting all of you. I learned a lot while there. Including meeting up with a Gecko Lizard on my way to the bathroom. Not sure who was more afraid of who. lol
Take care all. and have a wonderful diving season.
Your sister troll
MedFlame03
aka
Karen

We dove the east side today--82 degrees and very good viz until a bulldozer with fins went by--the viz went from 25 or so to nada...............thanks finman! I thought it must be a gaggle of big rays feeding until I saw the dozer doing his thing at the end of the silt trail!
Later, we saw a manatee, so a nice dive and warm enough for skins finally.

[IMG400]https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/481097_464773440200205_1458592242_n.jpg[/IMG400]​

Who wants to go night diving?

I said that I would post our FREE Blue Heron bridge Night Dive schedule here, so here it is up to September...

July 17th - Start: 7:15 PM

Aug 16th - Start: 7:26 PM

Aug 30th - Start: 7:24 PM

Sept 14th - Start 6:52 PM

Sept 28th - Start 6:58 PM

Please call our Riviera Beach store at 561-845-2333 to sign up.

We recommend all divers have a primary light, back up light and tank light. Please try to show up at least 45 minutes before start time so we can get everyone settled and in the water on time. This includes giving yourself enough time to swing by the store to sign your waivers and pick up your parking pass.

I'll post a reminder again when it get's closer to the days. Hope to see you there!

Arrow Shrimp, Tozeuma carolinense

She is and more importantly she has comparable air consumption.
I think that shrimp is a type of Tozeuma Shrimp???
I'm always amazed at the the critters found there seasonally.
John

Arrow Shrimp, Tozeuma carolinense

TCA_120501_Turks_3414sm.jpg

Turks and Caicos 2012 - WetLens' Photos

At least that's what I found when I researched this photo taken in Turks & Caicos earlier this year.

Last edited:
Wow.. that's pretty good sized! We found one a month ago and it was only about an inch.
379268_10150820640208531_726399763_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom