Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have done some mermaid shoots. The first set is in my pool, the second set is at Peanut Island.
AG25DA-409.jpg
AG25DA-455.jpg
AG25DA-459.jpg
AG25DA-460.jpg
AG25DA-468.jpg
AG25DA-476.jpg
AH10VF-84.jpg
AH10VF-88.jpg
AH10VF-95.jpg
AH10VF-96.jpg

Dive Quarters in Va Beach.

Malena Sharkey; she is quite active in the “Mermaid Community”.

The do charity events, have gatherings in the Bahamas, and photo shoots in Florida.
Ah, local to you, not local to the BHB. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

The only mermaid community I had known of previously was the annual Brooklyn Mermaid Parade, which is something very different. Perhaps I'll have to look into this. Her outfit was very well done. Somebody put in a lot of effort to make that what it is. A lot of resources were invested. A lot of skill was involved. Somebody obviously takes this very seriously.

The only mermaid community I had known of previously was the annual Brooklyn Mermaid Parade, which is something very different. Perhaps I'll have to look into this. Her outfit was very well done. Somebody put in a lot of effort to make that what it is. A lot of resources were invested. A lot of skill was involved.
PADI even has mermaid course now.

The only mermaid community I had known of previously was the annual Brooklyn Mermaid Parade, which is something very different. Perhaps I'll have to look into this. Her outfit was very well done. Somebody put in a lot of effort to make that what it is. A lot of resources were invested. A lot of skill was involved. Somebody obviously takes this very seriously.
The outfits are extraordinarily expensive.

When Marlena first started doing it, about 2004, she went through a great deal of money experimenting with the tails, as they had to be able to flex in such a manner that she could swim.

The outfits are extraordinarily expensive.

When Marlena first started doing it, about 2004, she went through a great deal of money experimenting with the tails, as they had to be able to flex in such a manner that she could swim.
Custom made mermaid tails can run $3000 - $6000. They are fitted to one person, it makes it difficult to justify the cost for casual mermaids. Really only worth the cost for all in mermaids.

The spouse of one of my instructors went from scuba instructor to mermaid instructor and was very happy with the transition. No more hauling heavy equipment for clients, who were not great tippers. Now she was at a five star resort hosting mermaid sessions for children with very generous families.

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0806 for an 0837 high tide. The park was uncrowded. Entered the water at 0828, sea temp @ 77f, visibility was 40 feet. Observed 3 Crested Pipefish and 5 Shortfin Pipefish. When I first observed a Crested Pipefish last May with two dive buddies, they only appeared in the database 6 times, so I thought they were very rare. But now that I am observing multiple individuals, 2 yesterday, 3 today, so it seems far less rare than I thought. Did a REEF fish count 71 species in 70 minutes. Respectively, Emperor Helmet, Long Snout Seahorse, Shortfin Pipefish, and Bar Jack Shadow hunting with a Southern Stingray.
01-03-22 Emperor Helmet.jpeg
01-03-22 Long Snout.jpeg
01-03-22 Shortfin Pipefish.jpeg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom