Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12508889_10153282462423531_6257539175362778586_n.jpg

Shot this guy a couple weeks ago. Was able to stack a couple diopters to get a half way decent close up. No cropping, hand held light.
Anybody got a 67mm INON diopter laying around they want to get rid of? :D

MB:
Did you say HOT WATER SHOWR???
We were one of the first divers at the bridge yesterday morning. A few more crazies showed up to prove we were not alone! LOL Went east. Vis was about 15ft max. Only made it 90 minutes as my buddy got really cold. My computer read 70° and his said 73° which felt warm at first only because the air was so cold!
Getting out was a feat in how quickly a frozen body can strip of a wetsuit and get into dry clothes. Hot tea helped afterwards to warm the insides.
Jenny's buddy must have been a real sport as there were only a few brave souls out there and all had shorter bottom times.

That's it! Next time I am letting this Manatee chew your leg off! :wink:
Those things are more dangerous than most people think...let them do what they want and you get the ticket! And you didn't mention that you're ConchyJoe :D

btw, I'm in trouble for not releasing any images yet because I forgot to turn off back button focus and none of the manatees came out sharp. Some look good at small sizes though. I'm going to need another day in Crystal River this month.

btw, I'm in trouble for not releasing any images yet because I forgot to turn off back button focus and none of the manatees came out sharp. Some look good at small sizes though. I'm going to need another day in Crystal River this month.
Dude that stinks. I was worried that something was up. I want to go back as well when it warms up a little and take my wife.

Yes on the hot water shower. Also, I used the dive shop at the bridge on January 28 and 29 and found the shop very convenient and everyone there very helpful and friendly.

As far as garbage goes, I found a juvenile moray eel in a bottle and underneath a hubcap was an octopus so definite yes to leaving things that could make a home for a critter. As far as outright garbage definitely remove it.

Was just up at CR, heard new restrictions may be rolled out next week....
We will always have the bridge:D

For those who brave the cooler days and the 70s water temps (yeah, that's South Florida for you...), "It's gonna be an all time of the dive weekend for this group!" ... Reports have come in for 40' viz and mid 70s for temps. You WWWs (Warm Water Wusses) will be left out "of" the cold smile emoticon

2016-02-12-02-15.png

40' was a dive shop report, I heard it was more like 20'.

It was also kind of a fluke it both tides on either side of that one were more like 5-10' including the past week, and generally right around 73°F. They are dumping tons of canal/drainage water from the canals driving vis down.

I appreciate the optimism but people need to know reality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom