Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI.. I heard that Lake O is being dumped. Vis yesterday was less than 5ft, and water temp 71-72.
If Lake O is being dumped, the vis will be shot as long as they are doing it.
So frustrating...

FYI.. I heard that Lake O is being dumped. Vis yesterday was less than 5ft, and water temp 71-72.
If Lake O is being dumped, the vis will be shot as long as they are doing it.

ACOE started dumping Sat 2/17 and said they will keep dumping until the lake levels get down to a "safe" level. This impacts the east coast and where I live on the west coast. When they start dumping to drop lake levels, 75% of it (roughly) is actually dumped west out the Caloosahatchee River. It just trashes Lee County waters.

Thanks for the tips.

1. How can I found out if the Lake is being released on the days I want to come?
2. Does anyone have anyone they could recommend for a guide so we see as much as possible?

Thanks for the tips.

1. How can I found out if the Lake is being released on the days I want to come?
2. Does anyone have anyone they could recommend for a guide so we see as much as possible?
My understanding is that it is continuous at this time.
Guide? Look back a couple pages there may have been one mentioned..

Thanks for the tips.

The Army Corps of Engineers controls the water releases & publishes data

You can also look at this web cam & see current conditions in the area.

Right now, the water looks like mud, until you get about 100 yards outside of the inlet & that's on an incoming tide that is about half way done running. I'm not planning to go into that water today. I wouldn't even go to a beach on the outside.

And I, you.. :D

Having had the pleasure of diving with both of you...

Hey gang, New to WPB and looking to find some dive buddies. Was planning on going to the Force E night dive at the Blue Heron Bridge but they cancelled because of bacteria and visibility. Hopefully I can meet some of you at future dives. If anyone wants a dive buddy, send me a message.

-Matthew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom