Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, go for it! Get in one half hour to an hour before hi slack tide which is 6:45pm. Sunset is about 7pm--so you will get some dive time after dark if you want. There likely will be a number of divers as they can go after work, etc.

Hello fellow Troll's I have very curious request, I have been doing a little research and I know when all of the bridges were built and opened as well as the park the scuba attractions are coming into play as well. But my question is does anybody know when scuba diving became popular on the bridge?

Forgot to put this up last week, but there's a lionfish on the rockpile straight out from the lifeguard tower (assuming that's what it is) on the west side. didn't have my polespear in my gear bag that day unfortunately.

Hello fellow Troll's I have very curious request, I have been doing a little research and I know when all of the bridges were built and opened as well as the park the scuba attractions are coming into play as well. But my question is does anybody know when scuba diving became popular on the bridge?
When I first started going there in 2003, it was already a popular dive spot. From what I heard, it was a closely guarded secret for years amongst photogs, and the word slowly got out. You might be able to find out more by contacting somebody from the South Florida Dive Photographers club. That's not the exact name. They used to meet at the Hotel near Joe Robbie Stadium. Now I think they meet further north.

When I first came to the area to dive in the mid 80's--stayed on Singer Island and drove over Blue Heron Bridge to the dive shops and boats--not a word was said about diving BHB!!

In town and just checked high tide for tomorrow. Looks like 6:45 pm. Will this give us enough time to do the dive and still get out of the park before we are thrown out or fined?

It was great getting to finally meet you Lisa. Not once, but twice! :)

I've heard 1-2 ft.
Typical for this time of year... By Mid November, vis should be opening up again decent.. as in 10-15, which will seem like forever after this crud!

It was great getting to finally meet you Lisa. Not once, but twice! :)
The pleasure was all mine! I keep planning to post a trip report with a (poor quality) video of my GG dives but work just seems to keep getting in the way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom