Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today was our last day until we can get back at the end of the month. We didn't see a lot today, except for two mating homosapiens in the swimming area. Awkward.... We did see a blue spotted cornetfish, two octupus and a couple of nudibranches.

Here's a video I put together from yesterday's hijinks!

Thank you for NOT filming that! I’ve at times been below snorkelers & swimmers who seemed oblivious or to not care that I was directly below them with a clear view to their hijinx.

There was also some sort of shooting Friday night at a late party at Ocean Reef Park on Singer Island. I don't believe there were any injuries (at least nothing on the news that I saw) but friends of mine were staying at one of the Marriott properties there over the weekend. They heard to shots ring out and in short order the place was swarming with cops.

Like at any other place, be polite, don't get into arguments with people who have nothing to lose. Be Florida smart. And leave your Rolex Submariner at home.

Yup, it's a thing.

Can someone help me ID this shrimp? It looks a lot like the spotted cleaner shrimp, but without the distinctive purple. It was extremely hard to spot, as it blended perfectly with the background, and the anenome arms sticking up. I'm not sure what it is that it is on. I had my husband come over to look, and all of his pictures are of nothing, because it turns out he never actually saw it, lol.

Attachments

• P5301090 (2).JPG
    P5301090 (2).JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 67
  • P5301134.JPG
    P5301134.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 52
I need recs on a dive shop / person that does the "discovery" scuba classes/dives at the BHB.

My son & daughter did one 4 or 5 years ago and loved it, but I honestly don't remember who / where I booked, was a nice lady that did a great job, but I just can't remember her name. I'm sure I booked online, but just can't find the information. She furnished all equipment, but brought it with her to the BHB. We didn't meet at a dive shop.

We will be down later this month and my daughter is bringing 2 friends (all 3 in late teens) & thinking about them doing a discovery dive at the bridge.

Thanks

Pura Vida Divers can fulfill your needs regarding rental gear, guide services, and instruction. I don’t know if they will bring all of the gear to BHB, but you’ll need to go to the shop when you arrange for the kid’s rentals to ensure proper sizing. They run a lot of Discover Diving clinics, and are located just a few hundred yards away from The Bridge.

Pura Vida Divers : Discover South Florida SCUBA Diving - Florida SCUBA Diving at its BEST!

I believe that Force E Scuba in Rivera Beach also offers something akin to a Discover Scuba course, but cannot state this for certain. They too can offer gear rental and guide services for diving at BHB, and are also located just a few hundred yards away from Phil Foster Park.

Riviera Beach Scuba Shop - Force-E Scuba Center

I’ve been a patron of both of these businesses for a number of years, and have only good things to say about them. I use Pura Vida more frequently as they offer Trimix fills, have their own boats, run blackwater dive trips several times a week, and are one of my go-to operations for boat diving in WPB.

How has the diving been lately? I haven't been there since the east span was under construction and all that was available was the beach entry swimming west out and around the pier. We are tentatively planning a dive there tomorrow to hit the 3:15 pm high tide and will be driving in from Brevard County. If someone doesn't mind perhaps answering a few questions? Thanks. :)

Whats the best plan or best way to dive this spot now?
What is the park capacity/parking situation generally like on a Friday afternoon?
How has the viz been recently?
Is anyone else planning to dive tomorrow (Friday 6/18) that wouldn't mind tagging up with me and a friend?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom