Blue Heron Bridge 22 Sep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Dad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone hitting Blue Heron tomorrow? High tide is at 5:37.

If the storms don't chase me away, I'll be there with Riley... (my 13 yr old)

Al

I luv too...but no go. My camera is down and I'm takin off a bit from a busy dive season...but Sunday?

I can only get one kitchen pass per weekend. I'd love to go Sunday, too.. but... I know who lets me dive.

I'm going to try to adjust some plans and make it! TBD tomorrow.

Al:

I'm on call this weekend. Hopefully, we can get together next time.

Hmm, I think that's what I said last time. This "doctor thing" is really messing up my diving time! :)

Have a great dive! Post seahorse photos!

Doug

Al:

I'm on call this weekend. Hopefully, we can get together next time.

Hmm, I think that's what I said last time. This "doctor thing" is really messing up my diving time! :)

Have a great dive! Post seahorse photos!

Doug

That excuse is getting old, Doug. You need to come up with a new one... :)

I hope the weather holds for us... High tide is also during prime time for thunderstorms... If we get blown out... well... Riley and I will just have a relaxing meal at the Brass Ring...

Brian... I'll be in a Silver Tacoma with Thule roof rack. I'm planning on diving the east side, so... I'm going to try to park near the shower at the life guard station.

I hope to see you and DebbyDiver (with a Y) there.

If I see any sea horses, I'll definitely post the pictures. I haven't seen any in the last few trips down there.

Al

I had a good dive at Blue Heron Bridge today. The thunderstorms stayed away... we did get a good shower to give our gear a fresh water rinse before the dive...

DebbyDiver did make it up to BHB finally... Riley and I introduced her to the first 4 sets of pilings. That was all we were able to get done. We were scanning the walls and pilings pretty close for sea horses. Didn't see any this time. We would have dove longer, but Riley noticed a stream of bubbles coming out of his camera housing. Yup! He flooded it. I never did like that Sealife camera, anyway. So, it's in the trash, now...

We did see the resident 5' stingray that loves to swim close to divers. It cruised within a few feet of Riley's nose. I didn't see the resident batfish that I normally take several pictures of. I did get a few good shots of a golden tail eel. I'm also looking forward to seeing the pictures of the filefish who didn't like the idea of my lens being so close to him. He tried to bite the lens.

The viz wasn't the best today... We probably had a good 20', then it faded fast.

I had a great time; thanks for inviting me, Al! It was fun diving with Riley too and now I've dived/dove/diven with all three of your kids.

I was so happy that Al told me to bring a light. I ALWAYS dive with a light, but I brought my big night diving light and between the time of day and the fact that it was very overcast, I was glad to have it!

This is a must-do-again, but earlier in the day.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom