Blue Grotto Water Temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone tell me what is the water temperature there in Jan / Feb? Thanks.

On a 'warmth' side note,,,most of the tree canopy has been trimmed back in recent years to allow more morning sunshine to hit the huge main deck. That deck is sunk down ~15ft from the top level parking lot providing a perfect wind break in the winter. Since most diver's (??claim) gear setup spots on the benches, try to setup your gear in the far northwest corner where you will be warmest in the chilly Feb air temps. The frequent teachers know this spot and try to claim these spots 1st to keep their diver's warm on the surface intervals. (PS>older pict, but deck is the same layout)

BG_Deck_warm.jpg

I stayed at Blue Grotto for two days at the end of December during Winter Storm Elliott. The water temperature measured at 72*F on every dive. We wore 5mm wetsuits and stayed pleasantly warm, despite the air temperatures between 18*F and 39*F.

Water temps remain 72*F year around, but the air temps can really affect comfort levels between dives.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom