Blue Bungee cord

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone know where I can get solid rubber bungee cord? It's about 1/4" thick. I inherited some from a buddy and cannot seem to get any more. (I hate surgical tubing). I use it for just about everything...octo holders, etc. Help!

have you tried a camping place like rei? i don't know if they'd have blue, but they do sell bungee. they call it 'shock cord', though.

No luck there. The bungee is a fabric based cord. Will shred underwater.

The local chandlery has some up here (not the right diameter though), so try a marine store where you are.....

Close but no cigar. I want something that is rubber only. No fabric sheath.

U can try a Truck supply company. Or a tent/tarp company that makes tarps for semi. I have seen some at my work.

tridacna:
Anyone know where I can get solid rubber bungee cord? It's about 1/4" thick. I inherited some from a buddy and cannot seem to get any more. (I hate surgical tubing). I use it for just about everything...octo holders, etc. Help!
if it is like surgical tubing I have a roll of it in dive shop..use it for the same things you listed..Capt mikes diving BX NY 10464 718 885 1588

Captain Mike: Is it solid or encased in a fabric sheath? I'll take the subway over to you to buy some if you have the stuff. I work in the City.

Back
Top Bottom