blue apollo bio fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
simple question for you all, I would like to know what color of blue is the bio fin? my LDS doesn't carry the blue and would have to order a pair to see what it looks like, so I'm trying to save money and ask you all.

Fishkiller -
I think you're setting yourselfup for harrasment with that question -
Obviously they are (Drum roll please) BLUE...
ok - ok, I think your best bet is to grab a catalog or magazine and look at that - because your monitor is not going to look the same as mine...

Big T

http://www.apollosportsusa.com

There is a photo of the "blues", but as the Damp Dane says, the color on your monitor depends on more than the actual color of the object. But this is not the place to discuss phosphors, is it?

Joewr

I was told it is blue like the Penn Raquette ball. the problem is after a while it starts to dis color. The reason I asked a bad question is what does the color look like in real life not on the monitor or magazine.

thank you for your responses :)

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether there are different bouyancy/stiffness/other characteristics between the material the black Apollo's are made of and the material the blue ones are made from. I'm thinking about buying a pair of the Apollo's, but I know that the different colors of other models of fins have differing physical qualities, and want to know if the same is true of the Apollos before I decide which color to get.

Any info on this is much appreciated!

otter-cat

According to Rodale's the blue is a slightly stiffer, snappier material than the black. The blue fins should also cost a few dollars less. Apparently Rodale's tests between the two were mixed, with some preferrring the blue and some the black, so the difference may very well be negligible.

Only first hand input I can give is that I really enjoy the black ones.....lol.

apparently you can now get the blue pro fins as well, which apollo claims have the same characteristics as the black ones, it used to be the blue ones were sport versions of the black pro models, so make sure which it is you are buying beforehand (the pro models say pro on them)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom