Blue Angel Diving Pics 4/19 - 4/26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrewingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey fellow Coz fans,

Here are a few photos from last week, from the new camera. Sorry I did not get a chance to edit them. If I ever get caught up maybe I can find some more and edit them.

Darn, I blew it somewhere in process of putting these in (trying to be a little creative). To see the larger images please click on the thumbnails at the bottom, otherwise you'll get nothing, my appolgies.

I've never seen a loggerhead before. Sharky60 got a look at this guy, too.

Here are some from in front of Blue Angel at night.

Something you don't see everyday, although a little overexposed:

A couple for scubadaniels:
:wink:

Attachments

• PICT0272.jpg
    PICT0272.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 112
  • PICT0292.jpg
    PICT0292.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 81
  • PICT0036.jpg
    PICT0036.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 68
  • PICT0090.jpg
    PICT0090.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 66
  • PICT0093.jpg
    PICT0093.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 65
  • PICT0096.jpg
    PICT0096.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 69
  • PICT0356.jpg
    PICT0356.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 81
  • PICT0320.jpg
    PICT0320.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 116
  • PICT0386.jpg
    PICT0386.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 98
Nice pics. So do you think there is an issue with they way the wire things?

Wow, three little drums together. How sweet! And nice shot...!

You think that was a Loggerhead? I really can't tell the difference, unless I see his tail. I did lighten the pic a little for a better look; hope you don't mind?

PICT0272 ed.jpg
And I trust you reported the open wires. :shocked2:

I'm pretty sure that's a loggerhead. I have to do a little work to lighten it and try to bring out the contrast. It was in a way a lucky shot just to be able to get him at all. He was lying on the top of the wall, early in the dive. I was last in the group, and when others came near him he got up and swam right toward me. We were closing the distance fast so I just fired before he got past me, and then he went down the wall to deeper waters and that was it. I don't know/remember if my strobe flash fired or not, or if he is too far away for it (the photo is not cropped or zoomed).

He was as large a turtle as I've ever seen, and looked very old, though I'm not qualified to judge that.

Reporting wiring violations there would have taken the entire trip! I will leave that to someone else, like scubadaniels. ; )

Bob

Poor Mr. Daniels - I hope he never lives that down! It brought so much joy to so many!!!!

Nice pics Bob! Glad you had a good time.

Reporting wiring violations there would have taken the entire trip! I will leave that to someone else, like scubadaniels. ; )

Bob
Nah, I meant reporting the open box to the owners? I don't expect any hotel wiring in Mexico to be what we're used to. Just because the plug in 3 point does not mean that it's grounded; not guaranteed in my home either. Prudent cautions with electricity and water are always good.

Nah, I meant reporting the open box to the owners? I don't expect any hotel wiring in Mexico to be what we're used to. Just because the plug in 3 point does not mean that it's grounded; not guaranteed in my home either. Prudent cautions with electricity and water are always good.

These were taken on the streets somewhere, when walking off a meal. Not really my issue--but I couldn't help thinking about scubadaniels so my wife and I had a good laugh and wanted to share the joke. Don, you may have missed this during your sabbatical from the Board.

These were taken on the streets somewhere, when walking off a meal. Not really my issue--but I couldn't help thinking about scubadaniels so my wife and I had a good laugh and wanted to share the joke. Don, you may have missed this during your sabbatical from the Board.
Yeah, I suppose so. Ok so the open box was not at Blue Angel. Glad to hear that.

Still not acceptable to be sure. Those meters are pretty easy to remove you know. Ever seen it done? Electric company employees have told me stories, of people removing their own to avoid a month's bill, of vandals taking them, etc. Rather easy to install a proper cover, but When you leave the US, you leave the US.

Glad you had a good trip. Nice shooting. :thumb:

Hey Bob! nice pics, I've just finished my trip report, (novel), and as soon as my editor, (the boss), gives me a proof read, I should have it up on the website.

the three drums are great! I remember you talking about them back on the boat.

Yes, for sure, that was a Loggerhead, just a beautiful specimen!!!

here's my pic of the old girl....
392-CedralRosa-LHTurtle1.jpg

Nice Shot, Sharky!

She was very impressive! I cannot believe the size of her head! Definitely a highlight of the trip.

Hey Turk9. You were right! The strawberry margaritas were Awesome!

:kiss2::kiss2::)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom