Blowing bubble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone knows how to blow bubble that grows into circle?

Lay on your back with your mouth pointed straight up. Take a normal breath and remove your reg.
Let your cheeks puff out with air, then say "PUH" to expel it. Practice till you get it right.

Just addding a couple of details.

- pucker your lips like you're kissing the surface.
- It's also important to be looking straight up because the ring won't form if you release it on an angle. this means you probably need to roll over on your back.
- when you blow up your cheeks make sure you get a bit of overpressure in there
- when you make the PUH sound just expel the air in your mouth, no air from your lungs.

and this takes time to learn. Your best bet is to do it in very shallow water with no current at all. Trying it in a swimming pool is handy.

R..

The thing that will really cook your noodle is that dolphins can do this too.

That's showing a lot of fine control, task orientation and goal oriented learning.

R..

/deepocean then click on the bubble rings link

thanks guys for the help, will try it next dive and report back.

So when blowing the air from my cheeks should I push the air strongly with my tongue?
While releasing the air, my lips should stay tight (puker lips)or open bigger?

The position of your tongue won't matter much. I suggest keeping it back.

When you open your mouth go from the pucker position to opening your lips about as wide as you would when you sing OOOOOOHHHH

R..

Hi guys,
I'd like first to thank you all for your good advice, here is how the first pool cession went.

First mistake I've made was not to bring my mask, I brought instead goggles, I had to pinch my nose all the time. Second mistake was not bringing some weight with me, I ended holding the lower part of the pool stairs to stay on bottom.

The first half hour I was doing circle but they where blowing apart a few centimeter after leaving my lips.
The second half hour I've finaly made it. All my bubles where growing into circle and reaching surface. The most important part was the shape of my lips, the smaller and pointy shape the more successfull where the buble. Blowing some air from my lung made also the circle bigger.

I don't know if at sea it will be as easy as the pool since there should be no current at all or the bubble will go into pieces.

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom