Blood and Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'm taking a can of cheese whiz to Roatan this summer....

Given all the remarks I read on this forum about how some people should not dive 'cause they will just become a statistic, I find it amazing you only received one response in the negative. Amazing!

Good luck with the cheeze.

bluwolf:
Given all the remarks I read on this forum about how some people should not dive 'cause they will just become a statistic, I find it amazing you only received one response in the negative. Amazing!

Good luck with the cheeze.

I know... U r right - I was afraid that I'll see that... But people have to realize - we r also diving just for fun... And yes we try to be as cautious as possible... And on the other hand - we r just like that above water too... So may be we shouldn't live cauze we might become a statistic also? :wink: Actually we will be a statistic... :) at some point... Let's just enjoy (to a point) what we got

Hmm... a friend of mine played a joke on his buddy by opening the guy's drysuit. Didn't consider the buoyancy effects, so had fun trying to swim up with his own weights PLUS his buddy's weights...

Of course, this is the same guy who tried to throw a "dead ray" at his girlfriend, which turned out to be a live torpedo ray. ZZZZZZZTTTT! Heh heh

Hmmm... I like the cheeze whiz thing... Gold coins also work, but he might just swim right over them. You could also seat a fake human skull down there...

I like the cheeze wiz idea the best. Borrowing heavily from that idea, several Alkaseltzer tablets in various pockets and weight pouches could produce some interesting results as well. Downside, might induce panic looking for the air leak.

trying to remember everything I've either done or have had done to me. hrmmmmmm...

Taking his fins is always funny to watch, but if he has that much experience, it probably wont phase him.. I'm thinking a can of tuna fish (in oil not water) would also cause a feeding freenzy.. Just jam house in the lid right before the dive, I've *ahem* heard that this can sometimes cause the little fisheys to go pretty nutty.

On the land, here's a few others. Bottle of Ketchup, line his windshield wiper with it, you have to really load it up.. then put one little tiny drop right in the line of sight... when he turns on his wipers to clean off the muck, he'll remember who his friends are....lol

Couple I've heard the Deputies do on the road.. Vaseline (huge glob) under the door handle, you already did the honey, opening up their partners car and turning on their lights and sirens probably wont work for you (but it's funny)

as I remember more, I'll post them

:laughing:

hey guys glad to see my cheese wiz idea is still holding strong :clapping: For any and all nay sayers, yes your right horsing around underwater could be dangerous, and so is sitting on in a rocking chair. My point is with any joke you plan on executing be prepared to pull your victim out. I only have a hand full of dives under my belt and to be completely honest, at first the joke was not funny in my eyes when the fish were having a smorgasbord while I was doing complete flips and circles underwater and my eyes were held in by the lens of my mask. Once I got a grip on what was happening it was quit fun and funny watching the fish hit and bounce off me trying to get the bacon and cheese from me. As an optimistic person I found the lessons in the joke. A. crazy stuff will happen underwater without rhyme or reason B. having to keep your cool and deal with the unexpected B. expect the unexpected C. A new piece of scuba gear is a fresh can of cheese wiz, bacon seems to be the choice of the Atlantic coast species. I don’t know where you dive but when we dive (here in jersey) we have huge spider/decorator crabs we look for the big guys, the really big monsters when we find one “GAME ON” pick em up gentle (they don’t pitch/bite) and you place it on the victims head and watch as the claws and legs dangle in front of the mask, bubbles come pouring up and with a muffled m*$^er f^$ker and just sit back and laugh you’re a $$ off. Being as jersey is dark water to begin with vis is not always good so shadows always help make the legs and claws bigger then they really are, but man is it funny. Or how about just doing the bump and drop or tag and drop I always laugh when the guys do that. For the people who don’t know what the last two are, a bump and drop is when you bump the person real hard, like a shark will sometimes do and drop under them so when they look no one’s around makes you start to wonder what the hell just hit you, the tag and drop pretty much the same thing but you grab the fin real hard and shake it like something wanted a taste test. Your mind starts to go a little. The guys I dive with are full of tricks that they play but with the intentions of teaching self control and being the victim most of the time I consider my self a fairly mental trained to control my self. Not that I would condone this to any one but I have heard diver that play some mean jokes on each other like stuffing a pocket with chum, or turning a bottle off, flooding peoples mask, hitting the inflator button, those are the kind of jokes I don’t think are very smart but then again like the old saying “what don’t kill you makes you stronger”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom