Blinded by the Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It bothers me when the big fish eat the little fish attracted to my dive light. I feel a little ashamed to be upsetting the balance of nature.

More sarcastic font??

I didn’t know they had lights with multiple settings, that sounds like a great idea for my next light, what kind did you buy?

My current favorite (cordless) light is the Xtar D26. I have 2 of them. Never had a lick of trouble with either. They have multiple brightness settings, go as bright as any of the other "1000 lumen" lights on the market, a nice push button setup, really long burn time, and they go for about $65 on ebay (last I checked).

More sarcastic font??

No, not at all. In all seriousness, I don't think it's healthy for the reef for night divers to be feeding fish to other fish every night with their lights. Bonaire comes to mind, where every night of the week the tarpon will be feeding off the lights of the numerous divers at some sites.

Back
Top Bottom