Blenny Id?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also vote for a female Emblemariopsis blenny group, which includes the darkheaded blenny

There was another photographer on the group with us who labeled it a chessboard blenny. Anyone familiar with them?

Malacoctenus triangulatus, Saddled Blenny. Head shape and orange color match perfect. Your pic may be of a juvenile.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Or... Given the white speckles and eye coloration...
Enneanectes boehlkei, Rough Head Triple Fin Blenny
Also need to consider behaviour?

The OP fish is hiding in a hole. I think the Rough Head Triple Fin is the really small (mostly transparent so that I often miss them) fish that hides out in the open. Generally less than an inch in length so easy to miss? But they do not hide in holes...

Also need to consider behaviour?

The OP fish is hiding in a hole. I think the Rough Head Triple Fin is the really small (mostly transparent so that I often miss them) fish that hides out in the open. Generally less than an inch in length so easy to miss? But they do not hide in holes...

Saddled blennies also are found in the open. I think the best option is the smoothhead glass blenny.

Back
Top Bottom