BLADEFISH Sea Jets - A Completely Different Approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If one of you bladefish owners could do me a favor next time you are out with yours. Turn it around while you are negatively bouyant on the bottom and see how well it will blow out holes in the sand. I'm interested in finding out if it has enough power to do this.

where did you buy them. I've three and have speed/ running time problems also. the distributeur said i've charched them wrong. on a badroom socket. that's not thrue. just in my house. they replaced two charchers. But still in 3rd gear itwont last 10 minutes. in second second gear max half an hour to 40 minutes.

they said they dry tested them all three and they do 140 minutes. probably on the workbench with no diver behind and only in firts gear.

Justsee how itgoes this couple of weeks and then see what to do. I bought them also for their capacaty. I know you can't expect thepromised 140 minutes but till now i don'tget the half of it. Does anybody have info about their running time when the're using the BF 5000.

we have two and they are great little scooters, they travel well ( they have been to cayman & Florida already) and they work quite well. not the fastest scooter in the water but it is faster than fining.

My dive buddy and I made it to the mermaid in Cayman in 5 minutes from the sunset house, and an other 3 minutes to the small wreck.

no problem with them whatsoever.

It blasts sand when flipped around

If one of you bladefish owners could do me a favor next time you are out with yours. Turn it around while you are negatively bouyant on the bottom and see how well it will blow out holes in the sand. I'm interested in finding out if it has enough power to do this.

The link to the video also includes speed rating info of 3.75mph. Can you confirm you can actually achieve anywhere near that?

Anyone?

I weigh 205 lbs without gear and the BF5000 does not pull me anywhere near 3.75 mphs. I am however very pleased with the BF5000's power and performance and it has remarkably improved my quality of diving especially given the price. My dive buddy and I take them on trips, dive boats and often just from shore. I'm in S. California which means 7mm full body wetsuit with hood, booties and gloves, 20 lbs of weight plus all the customary dive gear. With all of the extra weight, the BF5000 still rocks.

In terms of their speed estimate, they include an asterik with it if I remember correctly. On a trip to Grand Cayman, my dive buddy had his girlfriend try it out in snorkel gear. I'd estimate her weight at 120 lbs. The BF5000 pulled her much faster than it did him as evidenced by them both using one side by side and him being unable to keep up.

And to all the haters out there who are hung up on the manufacturers claims, we hear you and we who own them don't care. Get over it already. If you want a scooter that pulls you 3+ mph, then spend $5000+. If you want one that greatly enhances your recreational diving, one that is easy to travel with, one that doesn't get in the way when it's not in use, one that only takes a couple hours to charge and one that is affordable, then the BladeFish 5000 is your scooter. Try lugging around any other scooter with one finger on one hand - good luck.

The vast majority of folks who buy these are very pleased.

For the person that says it only lasts on high speed for 10 minutes or less, I'd like to ask you some questions out of curiosity. Are you topping off the battery right before you depart to your dive destination or are you charging it several nights in advance and then taking it out. Does the battery indicator show solid green before you unplug it? When you enter the water and begin using it, how fast does the battery indicator go from green, to flashing green, to red to flashing red? When you take the plug out and are not charging it, does the battery indicator light stay on or does it immediately turn off?

Last edited:
I weigh 205 lbs without gear and the BF5000 does not pull me anywhere near 3.75 mphs.

And to all the haters out there who are hung up on the manufacturers claims, we hear you and we who own them don't care. Get over it already. If you want a scooter that pulls you 3+ mph, then spend $5000+.

When a society chooses to overlook outright lies the path to ruin is clear.

Tobin

The vast majority of folks who buy these are very pleased.

There's something called truth in advertising. Something about folks not getting suckered into something which seems better than it really is.

You're telling (chastising) folks...include this scooter in the Tahoe Benchmarks. Let's see what it does beyond anecdotal information.

X

And to all the haters out there who are hung up on the manufacturers claims, we hear you and we who own them don't care. Get over it already.

To be fair, read over the entire discussion first. This thread was started by quoting marketing claims, before the product was even released. All anybody had to go by was what the manufacturer claimed, and naturally, eyebrows were raised about the more questionable claims made (NEW CHINA BYD SUBCOMPACT AUTO COMING TO U.S.A. SOON, TOP SPEED OF 250MPH!).

Now that the product is out there and videos/first-hand reports (read: facts) are available, the actual questions about the product have pretty much been answered. You'll notice that nowadays, the only "controversy" about the speed claims is being kept alive by people insisting on dragging it up from the depths in order to defend the product from "haters" who have long since moved on from the issue and come back only to respond to the aforementioned dragging up. I humbly suggest that some of the people who need to "get over it already" include the ones who insist on dragging up the resolved top speed issue in order to defend the product against a claim not in controversy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom