BLADEFISH Sea Jets - A Completely Different Approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You cant beat it.

Gimme a Bladefish and a bat and we'll see about that :D

The weird thing about this thread is that everyone is either in the tech scooter camp or the toy scooter camp and it seem like noone has actually tried both. I'd love to see them in a video side by side.

My wife and I each have one and it is the best money we have spent on gear in a while

I have a garage full of DPVs-and the Bladefish 5000 is now my scooter of choice mainly because it's so user friendly-it's a "grab and go" scooter. 1. Easy(your scuba mask requires more maintenance) 2. Incredibility light and portable-takes up no space in your vehicle-or garage-and is a breeze getting it to your shore entry point.

The BladeFish 5000 is a truly hassle free, fun scooter

I saw them at the Scuba Show in Long Beach. They seem well built and nothing like a toy. I think they have made my list of things I will buy.:wink:

I hope there will be one at the Dive and Travel expo in Tacoma this weekend

Hopefully we'll see one at the next Tahoe benchmark and can put this thread to rest.

I'd be curious to see how it compares to others rec scooters out there.

What good are rec scooters? I've yet to figure out that. Short body gavins are really reasonably priced used and can burn >1hr on lower pitches, not sure what alternatives are out there at a better price point...

That's going to be a very brief video......

Tobin

:rofl3::rofl3:

I'd never pretend the two are in the same class. One is a fun little accessory to make diving a little more fun, the others are serious business and while also fun, they are, and should not even be compared.

Sort of like comparing a 14' runabout to a 50' Chris Craft.

You cant beat it.

I have a garage full of DPVs-and the Bladefish 5000 is now my scooter of choice mainly because it's so user friendly-it's a "grab and go" scooter. 1. Easy(your scuba mask requires more maintenance) 2. Incredibility light and portable-takes up no space in your vehicle-or garage-and is a breeze getting it to your shore entry point.

The BladeFish 5000 is a truly hassle free, fun scooter

Hope to be chasing stripers around the jetti with mine this weekend :goingdown:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom