Bladefish 5000 - used twice - rigged for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich-D-Fish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've owned this scooter for just over a year now, used it only twice, and now I am in need of cash. The scooter is in mint condition. I have only a couple buddies with scooters, and our schedules never seem to match up. I rigged the scooter with a velcro strap for the left thumb trigger so I can operate with only my right hand. I also added a rope/strap to connect to my belt/center to pull me, and I only need to steer. Here is a link to a quick video I just shot to demonstrate these items: MVI 3272 - YouTube sorry about the lighting on the camera. I forgot to mention in the video that you want to dive with the bottom floats off. Without them the scooter is slightly negative which you want. The floats are good for snorkeling I guess. One other item to know is that you need to put in the safety stop plug with the left trigger velcro strap untied. If either trigger is depressed "before" you insert that plug the scooter will not work, and you won't understand why. It happened to me and I scrubbed a dive because of it, and then got home and kicked myself. So you need to remember the steps 1. red plug 2. velcro strap 3. Go.

Performance on this small scooter is amazing. For most diving you want to operate on slow speed to maximize your battery life and still be able to see the critters. Slow speed is equal to slightly faster than a normal full kick, but with none of the effort so your air lasts much longer. Fast speed is FAST. I raced a buddy on his SeaDoo scooter and blew him away. But fast speed also uses up the battery very fast. My first dive with it the battery lasted 40 minutes on a mix of slow and fast. My second dive lasted a full 60 minutes on mostly slow speed with some juice left, but the light was solid red. And the air consumption on that dive was amazing. I did a dive that I normally go one direction and use every bit of a full tank. With the scooter I did the route twice, for 60 minutes, and still had 1,000 psi left.

I purchased this scooter for $800, and was hoping to sell for $600. But today I checked and noticed that Leisurepro had them on Sale for just over $600. But they have only 1 left, and others are in the $700 range. So to motivate a quick sale I will ask for only $550 OBO. I will pay the freight. I can ship from my work via UPS. IMG_3273.jpgIMG_3274.jpgIMG_3275.jpg

Thanks,
Rich

Price reduced to $500.

---------- Post Merged on August 5th, 2012 at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was on August 4th, 2012 at 06:23 PM ----------

This item is sold. $500 to a snorkeler. Perhaps my scuba modifications will help some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom