Bladder for drinking underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Certainly. Imagine doing a 2-3 hour dive. Now imagine lightly exercising for 2-3 hours on land. Pretty tough to do that without water, especially if you're already dealing with dry mouth.

I would suggest getting a p-valve as well if youre diving dry for long enough to need the camelback tho :p

Thanks for sharing, gosh we've spent plenty of three hour periods of our lives without the need to hydrate. But I respect that you feel a need to do so. I hope the bladder works out well for you, and the pee valve also.

TurtleBak™ was created specifically for you guys who are interested in taking fresh drinking water with you while diving. It is a thousand times better than the now defunct SCUDA, and far easier, longer lasting in saltwater and sunlight, less complicated to attach than a CamelBak® and designed specifically by and for scuba divers. Plus it can hold up to an impressive 2 L of water and still be streamlined.

www.TurtleBak.com

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about TurtleBak™.

Attachments

• scubaboard 1.jpg
    scubaboard 1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
I liked the old SCUDA, still got one kickin' about somewhere. This looks as good or better, and will free up some space in my emergency pouch now filled with a bottle of water.

TurtleBak™ was created specifically for you guys who are interested in taking fresh drinking water with you while diving. It is a thousand times better than the now defunct SCUDA, and far easier, longer lasting in saltwater and sunlight, less complicated to attach than a CamelBak® and designed specifically by and for scuba divers. Plus it can hold up to an impressive 2 L of water and still be streamlined.

www.TurtleBak.com

View attachment 108354

Can this hose be hooked up to the old scuda mouthpiece?

Fortunately TurtleBak™ is very simple, quick and easy to refill, attach and unattach, and for our tests and those that use them on every dive it works well at depths of 30-40m and beyond. This is a breakthrough innovation designed from the ground up.

TurtleBak™ is not currently compatible with the SCUDA mouthpiece, though we are aware of interest in the integration. However, it would be very cheap and easy to create your own adaptor for it--I just got done reading an article on JB Weld's waterweld--Part No. 8277--it is rated for potable drinking water containers, lines, etc. The TurtleBak™ hydration reservoir bite valve, on the hose, is a simple screw-on bite valve that can be taken off, and a JB Weld coupler made, that would be a 100% match for what you are looking for. It would take you less than 20 minutes, to mold with 4 to 8 hours drying time.

TurtleBak™ Underwater Hydration System is comprised of the TurtleBak™ carrying pack and the reservoir. You can use your own reservoir from CamelBak®, Platypus®, Outdoor Products®, etc. Having a new reservoir is especially useful if you use an XL or larger BC, as the standard length drinking hose provided on 99.99% of all brands of hydration reservoirs are not long enough to reach over the tank, inflated BC and you to be useful, and need the use of our included hose extension kit. The extension kit comes with the purchase of the TurtleBak™ regardless if you order the TurtleBak™ with the reservoir or not.

Thanks for the question :)

Last edited:

www.TurtleBak.com

Hi TurtleBak!

I have no doubts your product is a great one, but out of interest; How can something _possibly_ be less complicated to attach than the picture i posted?

Best,
Bjørn

Back
Top Bottom