Blackbeards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting that link... great pictures. More room than I have normally up here ! We booked the hotel already. Now I'm wondering how cold it's going to be in 2 weeks?

Good deal... here are my photos from my July 2007 trip...

http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/204122

There are several different bunks... if you want something special, call and request it... the ones in the galley were better air conditioned (that won't be a problem for you though) and bigger too... they could easily sleep 2 people in a bunk... but they also were in a common area too if someone got a late night drink or snack... other bonus of the galley bunks were proximity to the food and the shower...

Take some rain gear and a sweatshirt for this time of year.

You've already heard about the cushions... and clamps... I would recommend a small dry bag... nothing huge but enough for a change of clothes and such for topside...

Oh, would also recommend taking a nalgene bottle and travel mug of some form... they've got some mugs but don't have spillproof lids or anything... nalgene bottle for water and the mug for other drinkables.

Have fun! :wavey:

Thanks for posting that link... great pictures. More room than I have normally up here ! We booked the hotel already. Now I'm wondering how cold it's going to be in 2 weeks?

Daytime highs 85 plus, nightime lows in the 70's. I'm guessing the water temp would be around 84f.

Daytime highs 85 plus, nightime lows in the 70's. I'm guessing the water temp would be around 84f.

Even this time of year!?! Dang... I'm going back :D

Hi there,

We were out on Blackbeard's last April. We stayed the Friday and Saturday after the trip at Flamingo Bay Hotel. It is on their website and their reservation office recommended. 5 minutes from Blackbeard's and a great location. It is part of a time share and has a beautiful beach, pool and the ferry leaves from there to Port Lucaya where all the restaurants and shops are located. We have booked with Blackbeard's for easter week next year and plan to stay 3 nights at the Flamingo Bay. Lots to do on the island. Billy Joe's on the beach and Tony Macaroni's on Taino Beach is great for late afternoon beer, conch and music. Have fun

I second the post about Granny's. Terry and Dorothy are great and its just up the street from BB's. Its like a B&B except that you have you own kitchen, fridge, etc. I've stayed anywhere from a couple of days to 10 days. If you contact them, tell them Jesse and Jackie said hi!

Waterwolf,

Cool, I was with you on that trip. It sure was a nice time. Am doing aquacat in a week, but still plan on doing other blackbeards later on.

Henning

Back
Top Bottom