Blackbeard's Weeklong Trip 4/25/09 - 5/1/09 Anyone Else Going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdavid66

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All,

Just booked my first ever Blackbeard's cruise for the week long trip from 4/25/09 til 5/1/09. Anyone else on here going that week?

I'm also planning on staying a few extra days on Grand Bahama after the Blackbeard's Cruise. Probably will head home on Monday.

Can't wait to get out of this New York weather - what a brutal winter its been.

Dave

I am going with a group from our local dive shop (desertdivers dot com) here in Tucson. It will be a great time!! you can find me on facebook...search for greg sherman in Tucson..

I was on blackbeard's 2 weeks ago (Feb-28 / March 06) and had an absolute blast. My group was on the morning star.

nice dives, cool crew -- they did the impossible to please the crowd and then decided where to do according to the general consensus.

water was 70-73F so I didn't really need a full 7 mm suit on. I dove the whole week with only the top half of my farmer john.

we dove in spots with great sharks, eels, rays. and one early morning we had dolphins folling the boat's bow.

just to give you an idea, the crew relayed themselves at the helm for an entire night to allow us to go around a storm. The sea was rather disturbed that night (e.g. 3-5 foot waves hitting the boat) but when we got to our first five spot in the morning it was close to perfect. Low current, no wind.

Have fun.

I am going with a group from our local dive shop (desertdivers dot com) here in Tucson. It will be a great time!! you can find me on facebook...search for greg sherman in Tucson..

Hey, Great to here someone else is going! How many are in your group?

This is my first ever livaboard... (and first real ocean diving) looking forward to getting away. Most all of my dives are in the fresh water (mud) of the Fingerlakes of Western NY and the St. Lawrence River.

I'm going solo... so hopefully I'll find someone on board to dive with.

Dave

Last edited:
Hey Dave,

We'll see you all at the dock, likely. I'm coming down with a group from NYC for the 5-day trip, April 25-29. Looking forward to it!

Mike

Bump... Trip is only 4 days away... Yay!

I'm flying into Freeport from Philly,PA on Saturday 4/25/09, anyone else flying in on that flight? It arrives at Freeport at 12:36pm.

I'm a single, looking to share a taxi from the airport to Blackbeard's docks.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom