Blackbeards November 20-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luft

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm doing the Blackbeard's Cruise from November 20-27 with a group from Port Elgin, Ontario, Canada and I am staying an extra week when it's over. Does anyone have any tips on what to do or where to go for more diving on Grand Bahama or somewhere close by. I've got an extra week and not so much money left over so any pointers would be appreciated!

Hi

I am planning a trip on Blackbeards next spring so "we" are going to want reports. :eek:)...

I too am in Ontario, west of London Ontario..

Small world huh?

Sharkbait

It sure is a small world! I have found a spot in Abacos. It's a liveabord 40 foot Mainship Trawler for $85.00 per night, only catch is that you can't take it out! That's OK with me, there are plenty of dive shops in Marsh Harbour. Now all I have to do is fiqure out the cheapest way to get from Freeport to Marsh Harbour. There are "blue holes" on Abacos and amazing cave diving as well as reefs. Are you going with a dive club, I am going on the Blackbeards Cruise with "Ground Hog" Divers from Port Elgin. It should be alot of fun and alot warmer than Tobermory!

You can get to Abaco by either Regional Air or there is a ferry (actually a 20' boat) that makes the trip from Mcleans Town (east end of Grand Bahama). The cost is probably the same after you figure in transportation to Mcleans Town and to Marsh Harbor. Keith with Dive Abaco runs a great operation there.

My wife and I will be on Grand Bahama Island the last 2 weeks of October.

We dive with Grand Bahama Scuba

Nice Boat, Great staff, Awesome service!! :thumb: :thumb:
They've been rated #1 in the Bahamas for 2 years in a row.

If you wanted to do another week there is a group coming down for the following week from Aquasub Scuba in Richmond Hill. I dont know if they have anyspace left....just a thought.

Cheers

T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom