Blackbeard's in May Anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, Jen, (no, we can't go- school systems frown on teacher's taking a week off to sail the Bahamas in MAY) do you fly to Freeport from Oklahoma, or how do you get there? (for future reference)

You coming to CSSP the first weekend of May?

I have been intently following this thread.

Does anyone have a review of one of these cruises?
I am curious about how people compare it to Flower Gardens or Cozumel?

Are the dives set up according the diver ability or is it more about planning your dive and then allowing you to execute it>?

Is this something suitable for kids also?

Thanks, Andrew

I have been on 3 Blackbeard's trips since 2004 (one a year). I am going back again this summer in August. I have prepared a couple of slideshows for the last two trips which will show you a bit of what you will see while on a Blackbeard's cruise. If you have the time, I would download the shows (they are pretty large, 100MB+ each), but if you don't have the bandwidth or time, check out the individual pics.

Blackbeards 2005

Blackbeards 2006

Foo,

The last time we went to Blackbeards, we flew out of Dallas to Freeport. It's cheaper to fly out of Wichita now, which makes no sense, because this just adds an extra leg to the flight as we still have to fly to Dallas. Anyways...nothing ever makes sense anymore.

As for the first weekend in May, I'd love to come, but I have to work that Saturday. I might consider driving down after work (I get off at noon) and staying the night and doing an afternoon and night dive and dive on Sunday. I'll have to think about whether it's worth dragging out the tent. :) It would be fun, though. I need water!!!

Warren,
Thank you for slide shows- awesome!
Very interesting… we will have to give that a think and throw it into the mix.

Are you also on rebreatherworld- your handle seems familiar?
Nice Evolution rebreather sir.

Regards, Andrew

Warren_L:
I have been on 3 Blackbeard's trips since 2004 (one a year). I am going back again this summer in August. I have prepared a couple of slideshows for the last two trips which will show you a bit of what you will see while on a Blackbeard's cruise. If you have the time, I would download the shows (they are pretty large, 100MB+ each), but if you don't have the bandwidth or time, check out the individual pics.

I have been on 2 Blackbeards Cruises and I would say no to the kids. Unless they are over 16 and you are ok with them being exposed to some adult humor. In the 2 cruises I have been on the alcohol flows and when alcohol flows out comes some adult humor and on a smallish boat......... People are on vacation and don't always watch what they say around the youngsters. In my opinion not a good choice for younger kids. Oh and port night.... Just say no.

Crazyduck:
Warren,
Thank you for slide shows- awesome!
Very interesting… we will have to give that a think and throw it into the mix.

Are you also on rebreatherworld- your handle seems familiar?
Nice Evolution rebreather sir.

Regards, Andrew

Thanks Andrew, it's always a blast going on a Blackbeard's trip and shooting lots of pictures. If anyone hasn't tried it yet but is considering it, I would recommend it. Now that they leave out of Freeport, there is no crossing of the gulf stream which can be pretty rough at times, there's going to be a few extra dives available as well.

Yes, I am on rebreatherworld under the same name.

This has me all excited. I'm flying to Freeport tomorrow, and boarding Saturday. Yes. The camera bag is in hand!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom