Blackbeards in 4 days: Got advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three towels each...check. We don't need the cigars...

We're rolling our clothes up in space bags to help with the storage issue. We're just taking t-shirts/tanktops, bathing suits/swimtrunks, a couple pair of shorts & towels. No fancy stuff.

Sunscreen!. We had 6 straight days of sunshine in May and there's not a lot of shade if the canvas is not up. Several people got sunburned pretty quick. I suggest SP 30+. A floppy hat or ball cap is also nice along with sunglasses. Have fun, I know I did. Trying to get the wife to let me go back in August.

Sunscreen SPF 30+...check. We have 2 bottles. (I am very fair-skinned and burn easily...must have sunscreen, even if for just a few minutes in the sun.) We both have sunglasses and floppy hats..check. Thank you.

Anything else?

Take an inexpensive bottle of hair conditioner with you. You won't be bathing much and the salt water wreaks havoc on your hair. After a dive I would slick mine back with conditioner; a scrunchie and a cap. You'll get a couple of opportunities to bathe when in port.

Conditioner...check! My hair has gotten pretty long, so conditioner is a must. I also have a bottle of spray-in detangler to help with the post-dive hair mess. Thank you!

Anything else?

I found an inflatible seat cushion a plus. Both as a pillow when snoozing on deck as well as a seat. The seats are hard fiberglass.....no cushion.

Seat cushion...check. We are avid tailgaters for our Auburn Tigers, so we have PLENTY of seat cushions. Got a couple ready to go. Thanks!

Anything else?

Get a bed in the saloon, on the right had where there is a TV. you also can play your DVDs

Personally, I avoid the Saloon like the plague! I prefer the foward most cabin. The saloon is hot all the time because people are coming and going and the kitchen is in there too. Then since it is the only public place there are people in there at all hours (no privacy). I would hate it, but I know some people that like it. Never heard a good reason for liking it though. Just my $0.02.

Get a bed in the saloon, on the right had where there is a TV. you also can play your DVDs

Personally, I avoid the Saloon like the plague! I prefer the foward most cabin. The saloon is hot all the time because people are coming and going and the kitchen is in there too. Then since it is the only public place there are people in there at all hours (no privacy). I would hate it, but I know some people that like it. Never heard a good reason for liking it though. Just my $0.02.

We have requested berth 5 or 6...guess we'll see. That's the next set forward of the galley, but not all the way to the front, according to the diagram on the website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom