Blackbeards in 4 days: Got advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennedc

Contributor
Reaction score
It is finally here! I am so excited about my first liveaboard trip! Hubby and I leave for Atl on Thursday evening and fly out to Freeport on Fri am. I've been to Wal-Mart and got my stuff to take...

Anybody got any last-minute suggestions for me before I go? I want to make sure all the bases are covered!

This time next weekend, I will be diving the Bahamas! YEAH!:07:

1) Take 4 large size woodworking "clips" (like clothespins on steroids) for each diver. You'll be clipping your wet stuff to the railing, and the provided clips are, charitably, inadequate.

2) Take dramamine. Even if you don't normally get seasick, you likely will experience some distress when you're down in the cabins, the cook is working on dinner, and the boat is rocking.

Check...Got both of those. Thanks. Anything else?

If you can find a plastic cup that has a large base that would be good. They issue you a cup, but it is small. I bring my own. Other than the clips, bring as little as possible since there is precious little storage space. It really isn't a big deal because you don't need much other than flip flops, a towel, 3-4 shorts, & 3-4 t-shirts. They are no longer doing the "formal night" thing so you don't have to worry about the tuxedo!

You'll have a fantastic time! Enjoy...

Got the cups...check...

We have shorts, bathing suits, towels, and t-shirts/tanktops. Got a mini pharmacy with everything from tylenol to dramamine. Got the spring clips.

Anyone got anything else to suggest?

Oh, one other thing. Since you will be doing night dives, either bring cylume sticks or purchase a battery powered version. They sell them on the boat, but they are more expensive than if you got them at Wal-Mart. Personally, I have one of the little battery powered ones. I've used it so many times, I've more than made up for the fact that it is more expensive than a cylume. Of course don't forget a main and a backup light. And lastly, it probably goes without saying, a camera (underwater if you have it).

Here is something to wet your appetite some more. I wrote a "trip report" for digitaldiver.net a while back. You might enjoy it:
http://www.digitaldiver.net/trip_reports.php?reportID=60

And if you like that, you can check out more photos from that trip at the link in my signature below...

Hubby and I have 4 each, in case we get a dud. Chem-sticks...check.

I read you dive report and looked at the pics. Great job!

Anyone have anything else?

2-3 towels each. I keep one hanging on the line on deck, one below decks and 1 for my camera. Take something that if it blows off the line during the night, you won't cry over it. The fewer clothes you can take the better as storage space is very tight. You can take a look at my trip report from Jan 2006 here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1521477#post1521477
I was back first week in May, but haven't had time to write a trip report yet. It was great again. I'm going back next spring for sure.

Get a bed in the saloon, on the right had where there is a TV. you also can play your DVDs

one more thing, get some cigars if you smoke them. Right next to the Beer you can smoke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom