Blackbeards Feb 3-7, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kleppta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone doing the weekend trip on Blackbeards beginning of Feb?

My first liveaboard experiance. Really looking forward to it.

Cost me a fortune to get a baby sitter for my wife. :wink:

Kleppta
Toronto, Canada

We too "took the bait" on the extraordinary deal BB's offered for this trip. So we (myself, my husband and my sister) will be on this trip too. As I understand it, it will be a full trip. We did a BB's trip in Oct 2004 (weekend trip) and were looking at doing a weeklong in the early spring, so this worked out quite a bit cheaper and earlier (gotta love both of those happening!). The last trip was great so we anticipate that this one will be too..and the real bonus this time is NO gulf stream crossing!!

How many dives did you get in over the course of the weekend? I am assuming that you get about 3 full days of diving.

If this one is good I hope to do a full week in the spring. Look forward to meeting you guys.

I checked our log books, it appears we did 9 dives in 3 days. We left port on Friday and because of the crossing didn't dive until Saturday. We "could" have gotten in 10 but we skipped one on Saturday because two of the passengers were sick from the crossing and instisting on flying from Bimini back to Miami so we skipped a dive to get them to Bimini so they could catch a Chops flight.

Look forward to meeting you to!
Cindy

cindy0519:
We "could" have gotten in 10 but we skipped one on Saturday because two of the passengers were sick from the crossing and instisting on flying from Bimini back to Miami so we skipped a dive to get them to Bimini so they could catch a Chops flight.

OMG. I would kill them before we got to Bimini and fed them to the sharks. On a 3 day trip they hosed their fellow divers over some sea sickness? That ain't right.

We had one day where everyone on our Blackbeards trip, except a couple crew members, puked because it was rough. No one thought of going home. Half of us got in the water because it bought us an hour without waves!

I was on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor once for a combined SCUBA diving/ Whale watching trip. We dove for 2 days and whale watched for 3 days. Some newly certified divers wanted to change the schedule after once day of diving (to all 5 days of diving!) and the captain said absolutely not. Everyone on the trip had signed up for the itinerary in advance and we had to stick to it. I am glad we did, because the snorkeling with Humpback Whales was a once in a lifetime event.

Back
Top Bottom