Blackbeard Trip Report October 16-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on Blackbeard's June 6-12 of this year in the Exuma islands of the Bahamas. The diving was pretty good, and I have a lot to compare it to. Not only that, Blackbeard's is a lot of fun. I have done the Nekton to the Southern Bahamas as well and loved it.

I'll get my log book out tonight and fill in the names of the dive sites.

The diving in the Bahamas really does NOT compare to Cozumel. In 17 dives in the Bahamas, we saw ONE anemone. A handful of small grouper, no trunkfish, a few coronet fish, and a couple of turtles.

You can see all of that in one dive in Cozumel. All week I looked for Flamingo Tongues and finally found one. Last time I was in Cozumel, I counted 17 on a single dive.

I'm not saying you didn't have a good time on your trip. That's separate. I had a good time on Blackbeard's too but the diving was nowhere near as good as Cozumel, Belize or the West end of Roatan.

-Charles

I think it's just fine to admit you didn't like the Blackbeard's trip. I didn't even before I relapsed with flu, and then being forgotten in my forward bunk left me hopping to survive that. I'm off to Roatan in a couple of months; fares dropped $200 and I booked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom