Blackbeard Dive Shirts - Your Thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

another carolina dive shirt for your review

carolinasteelco.com

Attachments

• dive shirt.jpg
    dive shirt.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 113
I like it. I think I might like it better with your profile logo on the front.

The pirate one is nice. I could see my wearing it.

My reaction to the other one was that you were promoting the CSA (Confederate States of America). It looked like it was a pro confederacy shirt rather than a dive shirt. Since I moved to NC 40 years ago and had myself refused service in parts of NC because I had a beard and had to drive by a huge night rider billboard on my way to the coast to fish I am not a big fan of CSA advocates.

I am very confused. What about this or any shirt design he has comes off as anything supporting the CSA? Which shirt are you referring to?

I'm also confused by what part of that shirt looked like it was supporting the CSA...also confused, are you saying you were refused service because you had a beard?

I have to assume he was mistaking you initials CS, Carolina Steel, for CSA.
It probably is because the letters are on the NC emblem.

I cannot see too many making that association, but adding the full company name right below the state outline would instantly clarify any such misconception.

Cool logo/T shirt.

I am not referring to the two designs which are the red and white and black pirate. That is fun.
I am referring to the third one which had a grey background and what appeared to be crossed rifles on it with the large letters CS. It reminded me of the confederacy. Not saying that was the intent but that was the impression I got.

As to the other bit. Yes I moved to NC in the very early 70s from the midwest. I went to the coast to fish. Had to drive by a nightrider billboard to get there. Went up to a pier and kindly asked about a pier ticket. Lady told me they did not want my kind. Maybe it was my lack of southern accent, maybe my beard (they were not common then) I do not know. Another time was staying with my wife and young child in a cheap motel down by the coast. As we were leaving the next morning a fellow yelled at me to go back to russia where I came from. ?? I have met a lot of nice folks of all types and I have spent many hours fishing with folks of all races and economic statuses. But negative impressions have often been linked with the those displaying CSA symbols.

OP asked for my response. That was it.

Wow. It's a shotgun (associated with duck hunting) crossed with a speargun (you know usually linked to diving). The other two symbols on his logo is waterfowl and mahi. Its not even close. You seem to be the type that just looks for things to get offended by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom