Blackbeard Cruises vs. Hurricanes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajmataz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Much needed advice:

I'm hoping to take a dive trip with my girlfriend and I've heard great things about Blackbeard cruises. Question though: I could I ever plan anything during hurricane season?! For those who have had experience with Blackbeard, are there any sort of compensations if weather is too bad for the trip?

Thank ya.

The great thing about hurricane season is that absent a hurricane conditions are the best.
Admittedly it's a crap shoot, but the hurricane is snake eyes (you've a 1 in 36 chance of getting blown out).
I'll be leading a Blackbeard's trip the week of October 23rd, so no hurricane would dare interfere!
Rick

I am planning to book the Oct. 16 BB cruise and asked Merry about 'canes. If they cancel, full refund. If they have to cut your trip a few days short, they give vouchers for $$ off your next trip.

We took our first Blackbeards 3 weeks ago and that issue came up in discussions with the crew. We were told (and this is hearsay) that they've only cancelled TWO runs in 25 years of operation due to weather. Go for it, it's a blast. Just don't bother packing more than you can fit in a backpack and don't forget clothespins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom