Blackbeard Cruise Dec 31, 2016-Jan 6, 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PAK325

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After completing my AOW course last year and enjoying a few trips to Provo and West Caicos in TCI, I was excited to learn that Blackbeard's offers a quite a bit to my niche (looking for warm water and lots of dives on a no-frills budget).

I told my brother (21 year old engineering student) about my plan and he felt it would be a cheap, fun vacation for him to tag along on and a good way for him to experience diving. He will take his OW course at home, and do his checkout dives on the boat (which apparently they offer for $15/per dive).

Is anyone else out there going during this time period? Anything that a veteran can offer someone with only about 20 salt-water dives under his belt? We checked out some of the trip report threads, but I am always excited to learn from another's perspective.

Also, I've only been to Provo and West Caicos in the summer (80F-ish), but have always felt comfortable diving with only a rash guard. How different is the winter water in South Florida or the Bahamas? Will a 2mm farmer john (and maybe a rash guard over the top) be enough if I'm generally comfortable without one in the Summer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom