Blackbeard cruise 9/14-9/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know those turtles on the Hesperus (Not much left of it, is there?). Some of those grandaddies have so many remoras on them it's amazing that they can move at all.

Welcome back.

DocVikingo

Yeah there's not much left of the Hesperus. On the evening dive I saw the huge remoras, one actually thought I was a host for a minute. And as I got into the water for the night dive I was wondering what the host was. Then I saw them, I've never seen such large turtles. Guess I saw about 5 of them including the middle linebacker that tackled me.

There were ALOT of 'cudas on that wreck too...including one humougous one under the stern.

Ask for 3 or 4 if you have a choice. (Berths are assigned BEFORE you show up.)

1 and 2 are 4 berths crammed into a tiny space at the front of the bow. VERY clastrophobia-inducing and nowhere to stash your stuff. 3 and 4 are at least semi-private and almost cozy.

If you don't need privacy, the most comfy bunks for singles are the ones in the main cabin. Given a choise I would opt for one of them.

Thanks for all the info... I went on a Blackbeard trip in 1989 and now my wife and I are going on the 16th of Novermber. It sounds like things are even better now than then.
Anyone else going then? Feel free to email me.
Regards,
Jon Ladd

I called ahead and asked for one in the salon (galley). It is the most comfortable, but the cook starts cooking around 6:00 so if you like to sleep in it can be difficult. I enjoyed it though.

Hi!
I'm going on Blackbeards at the end of Feb '03 with a bunch of people from my LDS. Any idea what to exapct in terms of weather? Considering I live in Canada and most of my normal diving in Feb will require the use of a drysuit and chainsaw to cut through the ice :bonk: anyting will be an improvement....I was just curious "how nice" it will be :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom