Blackbeard cruise 9/14-9/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junkyard_dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just wondering if anyone else on the board is planning this trip.

This will be my first liveaboard experience and I can't wait. Especially looking forward to Bull Run.

Hope you have a great trip! Could be more interesting than you expect, 9/17 is the peak of hurricane season. But not to worry , most liveaboards have weather fax and can skirt storms.

I am leaving tomorrow for my Blackbeard cruise. I will let you know how it goes. I am looking forward to a week of diving and just having fun.

Yeah I was a bit concerned about the hurricanes we me and my buddy made the reservations. Hopefully it'll be ok and not too rough on us!

Yes please let me know how much fun it was. I am counting down the days until I get to go on mine.

Originally posted by annabelle
I am leaving tomorrow for my Blackbeard cruise. I will let you know how it goes. I am looking forward to a week of diving and just having fun.

I just got back Friday afternoon. Blackbeard was also my first liveaboard. You will have a blast. I did not want to come home. As far as Bull Run, hold on to your seat. It was unbelievable. The crew really made the trip. I hope you have as much fun as I did!

Don't over pack. You will not have room to store it.

3 towels
3 shorts
4 t-shirts
one pair of shoes (tevas)
the water temp was 86 degrees (even at 109')
3 to 4 bathing suits

Clothespins... take clothespins... can't have too many clothespins.
Rick :)

Scubagruba,

Another nice item to have is a big mug with a top, preferably with a rubber bottom to prevent slippage.:) Also maybe a snack or two, though the food is really incredible. You will have a blast! It isn't luxury, but if you love the water, for the money I have a hard time believing anyone could beat it. Have a great trip!

Ken

I returned 7/26, from a week on the "Morning Star", one of the three Blackbeards vessels, and had a blast!:) But, if your looking for luxury, will won't find it here. We had 21 divers, and 6 crew, and it was a bit cramped. It truely is like camping at sea. But the diving was awesome!:D and plentifull. The crew was GREAT!, the food good and plentifull. Rum punch and beer at night, or anytime,if you choose not to dive. And Yes, Bull Run was awesome! A lot of sharks, that I got great pictures of. Here is a few dive sites for suggestion; Little Cayman Reef, Stevie's Wonder Reef, South Peak (awesome wall, drift) & Blue Chromis. The Captains are open for suggestions, providing weather permits, which was great for us, water was calm for the most part, and viz ranged from 40' to 80', Which I hope the best for you, considering the time of year. As others have mentioned; pack light, save a dive kit is smart, ( there is no stores around)
Sea sickness meds, I left dozens of clothes pin behind, but good too have. Dive lights for the night dives, sunblock, etc...
Be ready to DIVE, and dive some more! Hope you have a Great Time, I loved it and WILL do it again! Let us all know how it goes!:eek:ut:

Clothespins have been added to the list. Thanks.

Wonder what the visibility will be in a few weeks? Hope it's not too bad. Next time I won't let someone else book the trip dates! However considering that the last dive I went on was at 5' of vis, it should be great!

Back
Top Bottom