Black vs. clear skirt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is easier to signal someone with your light from beside/behind them if they have a clear mask skirt. In fact, if you aim your light properly, you can keep it pointing in the side of the mask so your buddy can always see your light beam and know you are there. Of course, the black skirt looks cooler, and we all know that's what really matters.

I am claustrophobic. I cannot dive with a colored mask skirt. It makes me feel as though I am in a tube.
Ian

alwaingold:
It is easier to signal someone with your light from beside/behind them if they have a clear mask skirt. In fact, if you aim your light properly, you can keep it pointing in the side of the mask so your buddy can always see your light beam and know you are there. Of course, the black skirt looks cooler, and we all know that's what really matters.

Yes, it also helps if you have a $1300 light :p

oh, no ... a $600 light will do

:wink:

alwaingold:
Of course, the black skirt looks cooler, and we all know that's what really matters.

damn skippy

rhlee:
Yes, it also helps if you have a $1300 light :p

Is that why you switched to a black mask skirt? Because my piddly little 10 watt wasn't good enough for you to see it through the side of your mask skirt anyway? You're such a light snob :)

Back
Top Bottom