Black Tip DPV Stand Mk 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Last month I asked about a project, but I figured I should do some small projects before I start carving into a $70 piece of plywood.

So my first project a stand for my Black Tip. After four attempts and purchasing a circle jig, I finally have my template. After I clean up the saddle time to cut into my hardwood that I will be using for the final product.

20221126_154720.jpg

Right on!

Nice work.

Cut my template into the hardwood I was using, much harder than plywood. Even routed the edges, now just have to sand it ready for painting, assemble it, and paint it.

20221129_152302.jpg

Painted

Didn't quite come out the way I wanted. Wanted to do the more WW2 green and yellow, but with the company that used to make spray paint for vintage military restorations discontinuing the line I had to go with Rustoleum and the green I got was more darker gray green so I went with a black star instead.

Now just have to do the clear top coat and it is ready to use.

20221210_145913.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom