Black Pearl Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this the cover you are looking for?
IMG_0418.JPEG

Good luck.

Apeks reg is dead easy to service. And no special tool is required. The only issue is the service kits(1st and 2nd) because it is only available through authorized dealers and they not allowed to sell it to the general public. However, there is a way round it. Look it up.
I serviced all my Apeks regs myself and must have saved quite a lot of money especially I have 5 sets(rec and tec).

Enjoy

Kits, I got kits, you need kits?

Reactions: JFS
Closing the thread - reg came back from service functionally ready to go for $100 so that was great. Well worth the eBay buy. Visually the first stage was looking better but not perfect. My son used a little 50/50 vinegar solution and a toothpick to carefully persuade the rest of the corrosion from the nooks of the raised graphic on the first stage and it looks great!

Working on finding a replacement cover but tech said it wasn’t a must at this time.

After watching the video, I’m sure I could do my own service and may down the road but feel a lot better about having a pro check out the used gear before handing it to my 15yo son and heading down for the first time with it.

Leaving Thursday with my family (my wife and two teen boys) for a 9 day Socorro trip. Very much looking forward to it! Thanks for the help and suggestions.

A black pearl cover he will not find, not from Apeks anyway.

Just put 16 or so dives on it in Socorro and had no issues so good looks and great performance - happy with that eBay buy!

Back
Top Bottom