Black market talcum powder.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkH

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently decided to buy some talcum powder for my drysuit latex seals (everybody else is using it and I wanted to fit in). I looked everywhere in the Victoria area except at car dealerships and music stores, but everyone just sells the scented kind (and I had my heart set on the pure, unscented powder). Does anyone know of any good dealers that will be willing to sell me any? (I'm not a cop). I want quality stuff- not "cut" with icing sugar or something, and I don't want to pay more than 10 dollars a gram. Would it make more sense to order it direct from the mine? And would I have to grind it into powder myself? (I'm not sure if they would sell the ore in anything smaller than rail cars or by the ton). Any info is appreciated.

I can't help with the talcum powder, but, if you're open to other ideas.... I use a 50/50 solution of baby shampoo and water in a small (about the size of the bottle that comes with mask defog) spray bottle. Works great.

s****enstein:
I recently decided to buy some talcum powder for my drysuit latex seals (everybody else is using it and I wanted to fit in). I looked everywhere in the Victoria area except at car dealerships and music stores, but everyone just sells the scented kind (and I had my heart set on the pure, unscented powder). Does anyone know of any good dealers that will be willing to sell me any? (I'm not a cop). I want quality stuff- not "cut" with icing sugar or something, and I don't want to pay more than 10 dollars a gram. Would it make more sense to order it direct from the mine? And would I have to grind it into powder myself? (I'm not sure if they would sell the ore in anything smaller than rail cars or by the ton). Any info is appreciated.

Go to sickbay and ask your PA to give you a bottle of unmedicated foot powder.

There's a guy on eBay that sells it in 1lb bags for $5 (plus $7 shipping). Dave4868 is his screenname.

s****enstein:
For the last 3 yrs I have used walmart brand talc in the travel size $0.73 its cheap and works I have changed out my seals once in 4 yrs and use the suit most week ends, if its hurting it I can't see how. walmart $0.73? :11:

I just got 2 pounds of it on ebay for $7.00. If anybody looks in my scuba closet, they may call the cops, because it looks like a kilo of coke. Anyway, you can go to ebay and do a search for it. You should find. it. If not, PM me and I will send you some of mine.

You can also ask Bob3 here on SB.
Last I heard he had a good stash. :D

s****enstein:

Hey Mark I've got a full box of the stuff in my garage. So stop by any time and I will give you a bottle. It is a 50g bottle (50x10$) a 500$ value. Just for you buddy

cheers

Al

Back
Top Bottom