Black Manta vs. Mermaid II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shiva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Which would you prefer based on your experience in terms of dive team, food and general comfort? Both fit my schedule very well, have similar itineraries and comparable prices.

Thank you

I preferred the setup of the dive deck on the Black Manta to the Mermaid II, more room and fewer steps after gearing up. Two years ago, the Mermaid II crew clearly preferred entry and recovery off the zodiac boats; last year the Black Manta, used the zodiacs only occasionally. The cabins on the Mermaid II were marginally more comfortable but it was close and the Mermaid II has a seperate dining room. On the other hand, the lounge on the Black Manta was a much more comfortable place to crash between dives. Close, but if I do the Similans again, would probably choose the Black Manta.

planning to board the Black Manta in FEB. the above notes makes me fill more confident in my
choice.!. I hope the extra cost compaired to other boats worth it. She sure looks upscale.!.

ANY ONE WANT TO COMMENT ON THE CREW???

thanks Bart

I work with the BM crew when it sails from Singapore during the South China Sea season and I think they are wonderful. Then again, I am biased and have only been on day boats out of Phuket to compare them with.

If you have any special dietary needs, mention it ahead of time and you should be happy. I say this despite telling them I am a lobstertarian and never getting lobster.

Back
Top Bottom