Black Friday Deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how is it not reasonable as long as the tanks look clean inside? you could likely get the lot for around the price of a manifold and bands

They’re odd sized tanks. Your average diver won’t likely want them. Around here, people wanting steel doubles are generally diving HP100 or LP85 doubles. My HP80s, as either singles or doubles, are rare. I’ve only seen two other divers with them, and they were both smaller women (as I am). Other divers at the quarry, on the boat, or when I’m getting fills are always commenting on them.

lp72s have the same tank factor as hp100s, they just are longer and skinnier like lp85s. yes, they have a drawback that even with a 3000 psi overfill, you won't get as much gas volume as a hp100, but they also are lighter and easier to walk around with for shore diving.

lp72s have the same tank factor as hp100s, they just are longer and skinnier like lp85s. yes, they have a drawback that even with a 3000 psi overfill, you won't get as much gas volume as a hp100, but they also are lighter and easier to walk around with for shore diving.

The only “shore” diving here is at a quarry.

The only “shore” diving here is at a quarry.
I believe runsongas is commenting that with a slight overfill, a pair of LP72s is the same amount of gas as a set of HP80s but 5lb less dry weight. Steal of a deal at $150 for the pair.

Have you decided what you want or are you just looking for the lowest priced package deal? You might sometimes do better price wise if you buy items separately.
Agreed. I've almost always found buying separated to be significantly cheaper. Each dealer probably only has a few things available as heavily discounted items, and the rest is added at regular pricing to make a full package. It usually saves you some money to scout the internet for good deals from a variety of sources.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom