Black Diamond BC Trapping Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rpeiffer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It consistantly traps air at the top of the back pad. There is an area that creates a space for the air to catch up on. When I roll left and then right it will dump. Problem is, I wouldn't mind if it got there and stayed there but sometimes it "dumps" unintentionally. Then I play the bouyancy game.

Thought of Putting large gromets in it to allow the air to pass but after looking at it I'm nt sure if that will work. Anyone else have this problem and find a fix?

Rpeiffer:
It consistantly traps air at the top of the back pad. There is an area that creates a space for the air to catch up on. When I roll left and then right it will dump. Problem is, I wouldn't mind if it got there and stayed there but sometimes it "dumps" unintentionally. Then I play the bouyancy game.

Thought of Putting large gromets in it to allow the air to pass but after looking at it I'm nt sure if that will work. Anyone else have this problem and find a fix?

If I understand you correctly I'll get that from time to time, I'll usually just roll to either side and it's gone, The thing that confuses me is your statement about "dumps" unintentionally, do you mean it vents thru the over-pressure valve?

By "dump" I mean the trapped air escapes and changes my bouyancy. So I'm forced to either add air to my BC or position my self to replace the air that was trapped.

If I don't change my diving "posture" in the water nothing changes and there is no issue. But if I go vertical or roll/turn then the air escapes/dumps and I have to make an adjustment. A bit of a PITA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom