Bite Back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
From BSAC DIVE Mag

Japan is continuing its policy of vote buying at the International Whaling Commission. The deal is simple - a small country gets offered a huge aid package and in return it just has to join the IWC and vote with Japan to restart commercial whaling ( even if it has no whaling connection or for that matter like Mongolia, no coastline ).

The latest country to succumb to Japan's bribes is Belize. For yers the country has led the way with eco-tourism initiatives and good coral reef conservation measures but, at last months IWC meeting on Berlin, it dutifully voted along with Japan on every issue. Since then, many divers are expressing their reluctance to go diving in a country which shows such double standards towards the oceans.

If you share the concerns of coservation groups, tell the Prime Minister of Belize, said Musa, by email:

primeminister@belize.gov.bz and the tourism minister at tourismdpt@btl.net

Yet again the IWC asked Japan to stop its sham scientific whaling and Iceland not to start it in the first place - but dont hold your breath on that one.

I have done my bit and sent a E, Y not pound the keys and send one to

cdiver2

I just sent an email asking for more information on this decision and advised the PM and MoT that I will no longer take students and divers on our monthly trips to Belize unless this decision is changed. Do you know where to find documentation on this decision?

Just sent, thanks for letting us know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom