Bismark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good morning.
For those that aren't aware, James Cameron has a special on this evening about the Bismark, appropriately name "Bismark". It's on the History (or Discovery) channel tonight around 9pm EST I believe (?). Double check for your local listing. Looks like they have some really good footage ( from what I've seen on the commercials).

Just an FYI as I didn't see a reference to this show in the "new thread" section.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

We've already got it on our chedule tonight!

It's on the Discovery Channel at 9pm ET/PT time. Which makes it 7pm Central...I think!

sinking of the Bismarck last nite as a prelude to Cameron's show.

Interviews with surviving crew members, actual battle footage, CGI stuff...very interesting. They'll likely included some of it in the show tonite.

As a kid, there was a popular song by Johnny Horton called "Sink the Bismarck" that I still remember most of the words to...

"In May of 1941 the war had just begun, the Germans had the biggest ship that had the biggest gun..."

Thanks for the post..

It will be a good one. On Discovery Science channel all weekend they have had non stop Titanic shows leading up to the bismark broadcast.

Jeff

Wathcing the Bismark right now!.......I see "Raising the Kursk" is Monday night at 9:00, and a whole week of "Danger on the Seas" on Discovery this week......

SS

That was really cool. Not because of the russian hottie they had as the focsu subject, but because of the machinery, mechanics and stuff I learned about the sub. Who knew they had 6" of solid rubber surrounding them as sound insulation?

Very cool. highly recommended.

K

Hope everyone caught the dive on HMS Hood the other day. I thought it fit right in as a prelude to the Bismark show.
They must have had some good currents. The silt got disbursed very quickly.

BTW Bismark Broadcast in HDTV on Dec. 16

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom