Biscayne area diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
A buddy of mine has offered up his boat for me to use out of Black Point Marina in Miami. I don't know anything about where I should go. Any suggestions? I've never even been down there before, but I'm a GPS navigating fool!

Thanks!

Who's your buddy??? :D

Oh my, the diving is awesome down there! When I still had my boat I used to use one of those water-resistant fishing and diving charts. I don't have the boat anymore ::SNIFF:: but I still have the chart!

It's a great area to dive, just head out ceasars creek and check your chart, there are tons of patch reefs. The lights are all surrounded by good reefs. Explore, its as good as the keys and not as crowded.

Go to Walmart and get a TOP-SPOTS chart for the area, tons of good diving and loaded with lobster. The chart will give you plenty of GPS cordinates. The only bad point is that it is 12 miles out to the reef.

Buy Ned Deloach's Guide to Underwater florida...it lists a bunch of sites within a relatively short trip. Hey, need a buddy? I live on Key Biscayne...

Get yourself TOP SPOT Map No. N211 it has GPS and Loran, depth, fish index, bottom composition for Biscayne Bay, Miami, Miami Beach, Key Biscayne, Card Sound & Barnes Sound.

It's $15 from Bass Pro shop... or just take me as I already have it:D

Good Luck.

Wys.

Here's a couple of numbers that will get you on the ball buoys:
80.09.683 - 25-30' reef

80.11.116 30-40' reef

Please use the moorings if you're in this area.

This number will get you on the Almirante wreck:
25.24.947 N
80.07.070 W
A freighter about 200' LOA in 100-135' fsw upright, fairly intact the last time I was out there. The Doc Demilly wreck is out there too but it's pretty much a technical dive at 150' unless you're just bouncing it. Recent reports say she's split in two now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom