Birthday Diving in June!?! Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all. Looking to spend my June birthday out of town and so I am turning to the infinite SB wisdom for some suggestions on a good place to spend a week and go diving in the Caribbean. I have “done” Mexico enough (having lived there) and so I am more interested in another place. Suggestions as to where to stay and who to dive with (or better yet – a package with hotel and diving) would be much appreciated it! We are not “high maintenance” travelers. Do enjoy a more local feel although we don’t want an overly-rustic experience like the bees in our room in Playa once! :D

Bonaire is a place everyone should visit. It is so different with all the shore diving. A very special place. Some really cool topside things to do also.

Lot's of places to choose from, depending on what level of "luxury" you are interested in. Buddy's Dive is a good place to first look at.

Downside? It can be a bi#ch to get to.

Are there times when one should avoid Bonaire b/c of weather, etc.? Thanks del_mo.

Are there times when one should avoid Bonaire b/c of weather, etc.? Thanks del_mo.

Actually, there is no bad time to visit Bonaire. We are outside of the "hurricane belt", so no worries. Our "rainy season" (if you can actually call it that, we get on average only 22" per year) is late November until around the 1st of February or so.

It just means you tend to have a mini downpour (usually in the VERY early morning hours, normally not lasting more than 5-10 minutes). VIS is normally around 60-80 feet during this time of year. If we get a big heavy downpour for a longer period of time it may be "murky" -- ok..still 60+ feet vis, but it does away quickly.

Our HOTEST months have to be September to mid to late October. Normally our wonderful tradewinds die down a bit, here and there, and it can get awfully hot, but heck you will be in the water.

Water temperatures normally range in the around 79°F at depth to around 84°F. Average water temp is 82°F.

Hope this helps.

Liz

Back
Top Bottom