Bing Bong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure who posted this originally, but a little while back someone suggested getting a small length of PVC pipe, two caps, and a couple of ball bearings that'll fit comfortably in the PVC pipe. Glue a cap on, toss in the bearings, glue the other cap on, and you have a nice, cheap, do-it-yourself clacker...

I have a mini Hammerhead underwater dive alert... and I have several friends who use 'sub ducks' --

I don't use it constantly... but it has been very important. -- I'm careful to avoid using it as 'noise pollution' -- but it has been very helpful in alerting someone when there has been a problem, or a fantastic sight.

I have alos been with folks who use the pvc pipe clackers -- and I find that they work pretty well too.

Liz

I use a big brass clip and tap my tank with it. The 'metal to metal' sound carried farther than anything else I've tried. When not in used, the clip stays on a D-ring on my left hip.

Carry a set of Zildjan 16" cymbals with me.

Makes a helluva noise and gets everybody's attention.

Carry a set of Zildjan 16" cymbals with me.

I guess you could use them as dive planes or rudders as well...

chrispete once bubbled...

I guess you could use them as dive planes or rudders as well...

Sushi Plates?

Acou-Stick U/W Communicator. Works wonders for me.

Back
Top Bottom